What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just want to say Hello and introduce myself

H

hugwm

I love to bake and cook. I am wife to my wonderful husband, Bill and we pastor a country church. We have three grown daughters, all married and we have 6 grandchildren. I am anxious to use this sight to share and receive recipes and ideas. Thank you for the opportunity. Margaret Hughes

Hello and Welcome Margaret !
I look forward to getting to know you better. What part of the country are you from ?...those little country churches are the best.

Francie

Welcome to our little family, Margaret. Don't hesitate to jump right in on any discussion, or start one of your own.

A word of warning, however. We do not discuss grandchildren. I've been known to get rather testy about that. My eldest says it's "not on my agenda."

But if yours get to be too much, and you're looking for a surragate pawpaw, here I be!

lol....KYHeirloomer...your son must be related to my son because he tells me the same thing !

Hi...thanks for the warm greetings and welcome..We are located in the south center of Pa. the town of Three Springs. It is about one hour southeast of Altoona and one hour southwest of State College, one hour north of Chambersburg. We love it here and we have a very good ministry here. Our church has homemade ice cream festivals each month from June thru Sept. We are getting ready for our August one...(2nd Sat. of each month)..Lots of good food and fellowship. We have a gospel group come and set up on our gazebo and sing throughout the festival from 4:00 -6:00 p.m. They are attended by lots of people who come and bring lawn chairs and listen to the music and visit and eat! We have a playground for the kids and a full size basketball court and horseshoes and so there is something for everyone. .. Thanks again for asking and the welcome..Margaret

Last edited:
Wish I lived near you I'd be coming and sounds like a great gathering for fellowship/music & ice cream YUMMY!!! Great combination!!! Plus I love Gazebo's!

Since your hubby is in the Ministry I imagine you all have lived all over the place. My Uncle is a retired Episc. Priest and he and my Aunt lived all over the USA before he retired! I sure did miss seeing them much after he got out of Seminary and they were such wonderful and special loving people. I got lucky though because they have retired just about 4 hours North of us!!!

We look forward to having you with us Huggy One!!!

Sounds like my kind of thing too Margaret...I love those kind of fellowships.I love Gospel music.....and used to go to a lot of Southern Gospel concerts.
We have 5th Sunday night singing at our church and I love it.

Hi Margaret!

Welcome! C'mon in, pull uppa chair and grab yerself either a cuppa coffee, or a tall glass of iced tea!

We're a great group, here... We come from all corners of the country- from all faiths, from all walks of life and we all have various levels of cooking know-how... Everyone here is an expert at something... and we look forward to getting to know ya!

I'm a former chef who lives in rural central Illinois- but worked in Alaska for many years- so I'm influenced greatly by both places. Others here are from Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Chicago, and just ALL OVER!

Sharing is a big deal with us... we love getting and giving back in return... so please share stories, recipes and food-tales as often as ya can! And again- welcome! smiles- Kevin (aka 'chubbyalaskagriz')

Back