What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay- I know it's not Valentine's Day or anything...

chubbyalaskagriz

...but what's the one meal or treat you make for your sweety just to show them you care? What one item you can cook that makes them putty in your hands? :)

Everything I cook for Friend Wife shows that I care. And she knows it. And appreciates it. Heck, she brags about my food at work.

But, for an extra special "I love you," I make heart-shaped chocolate Pavlovas, topped with strawberries and whipped cream.

I would have to say it is my Roasted Pork Loin, with potatoes and extra carrots! We can have 3 entire meals off of one Pork Loin, thank God for Food Saver to keep it sealed and fresh for the next 2 days meals:D

Hubby is not picky...and anything I cook is appreciated....

I always make a batch of his favorite Deviled Eggs. :rolleyes:Pasta salad, and he said my pork stir fry. Cookie :)

Everything I make is stuff I know Jon loves.
He is a big fan of my roasted chicken. A few of his other favs are buttermilk fried chicken, asian eggrolls, baked mac and cheese, asian fried noodles, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs etc.. He has a BIG sweet-tooth. He loves when I make cake with bavarian cream filling. He loves chocolate chip brownies and homemade doughnuts. Everyone teases him about being spoiled to death. His brother's wife doesnt cook anything but desserts when she cooks at all.
I came in a room a few weeks ago when he was bragging to his Mom about my cooking. He sounded so sincere. It was the best compliment because he didnt even know I was there.

Oh that's so sweet! We both love baked mac and cheese to. Pastas always a good thing and home made casseroles in the cooler weather are really good. Cookie :)

Hi Mama, You have a point :) I'm making Apple Butter Zucchini Bread tonight. You always need a little comfort food! I'm using the recipe I got here from jglass. I went to a local farmers stand a bought zucchini sweet green peppers, corn, tomatoes, green beans all the good stuff. This is a great cooking sight with LOL. Cookie :)

Back