What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new user needs basic info

M

magicalmolly

hey! im molly and huge into cooking. good to be here. do any of you know some good cooking websites on the internet that i can check often? im kind of new to the internet so i could use your help. thanks.

Hi Molly,

Welcome to our food forum I think you may have just found what you're looking for right here at Spice Place. We are a very active group of people from all walks of life, yet we all have one thing in common we love to cook, share recipes and help each other out. If you need to find a certain recipe start a Thread by going to the bottom of the home page and click to open the box at the lower right hand corner and pick your topic heading. For instance if it's beef recipe search for it there or start a new thread all your own and ask for help to find what you need. Then you can always do a search by clicking on the option at the top and type in the word or words describing what you need and then see if it is in one of the existing threads. Do not be scarred to explore our forum from the home page that is how you learn to use it:) And please feel free to not only ask questions, but also to give us some of your favorite recipes and tips too!

Great to have you join, CCCathy

Last edited:
Well now Molly - you're raising a red flag here!

You have a computer and you have a search engine - so please tell us why you would want to go onto a recipe site, not post a recipe, and ask for names of other sites - especially since this site is calleed SPICE PLACE and really has no reference to recipes in it's name?

Red flag to me................

I could be mean - I could tell you to watch the food network - but if you found this site - you will find others.

Share and participate or move on -

Mama

Molly....you have joined a recipe group here so why would you go looking elsewhere ? I think we have all the basis covered here. Just ask away or search the forum here.This is a cooking website.

Hi Molly,

...and welcome! To answer your question-"good cooking websites on the internet that i can check often?"

ANSWER: you're at it! We are THE best! No need to look any further. If we can't serve your needs and make you happy here- quite simply- it ain't gonna happen anywhere!

That said- we look forward to your second post!

O.K. Jafo I'll take your bet, it may be a long shot and I will feel stupid, but I will bet you one "truly unique antique" recipe that Molly is for real and just new and needs help! Is the bet on? Let me know!

Anything like going to Olive Garden and asking what restuarant in the area would have a soup and breadstick bar???

O.K. Jafo I'll take your bet, it may be a long shot and I will feel stupid, but I will bet you one "truly unique antique" recipe that Molly is for real and just new and needs help! Is the bet on? Let me know!

Your on.. :) Although I dunno if I have any antique recipes (I'm not THAT old yet), but I think I have some here that you might like IF you win.. :)

:)Way cool!!! The bets on bro:D I hope I win:confused:, but we'll see......

to be continued....hey Molly are you out there reading this come on back and prove me right, you're no spammer just a newbie trying to learn more!

hey now. this is the treatment i get for asking one simple question? all i meant to ask was what OTHER sites you guys used. you can't truly tell me you only logon to spiceplace. i want to get email newsletters about recipes of the day from a bunch of sites. that way, i can just read them casually while i'm at work or something, instead of sifting through numerous forums.

Hi Again Molly,

I like Allrecipes.com and also several others I will try and get them together for you as soon as I do I will post them for you. Then you can simply add them to your favorites list and you won't have to go searching for them every time!:)

Please do not be too mad at us for jesting around with wether or not you were a spammer, we love to make fun around here and sorry we did not mean to offend at all!

We love having new members and hope you'll stay with us for a long time, and help us continue to grow!

Sincerely, Cathy

Hi Molly...well maybe you got off on the wrong foot by not introducing yourself in another fashion.Not the best way to join and first post is asking about other sites...lol...no offense meant ...just jump right in and get to know everyone...We are a friendly helpfull group.. a few nuts but they are harmless !
FYI....Spammers usually post the way you did.
I love Paula Dean and get recipes from her site a lot......I joined Spiceplace not only for the help with getting new recipes and tips but to interact with others also.
I hope you stick around .
Francie

what is the best way to boil water mama, tell me? haha...

well molly - would it help to tell you?

I still say you have a search engine and you can visit any recipe site out of the tens of thousands of them on line and get what you want.

It's just funny how SPICE PLACE (which makes no mention of the recipes in the name) happened to be chosen.

I stand firm.

Back