What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your fav roasted veggie?

jglass

Roasting tomatoes for a pasta dish today I was wondering what some of your favorite roasted veggies are? I love roasting most veggies except brussel sprouts. Where roasting concentrates flavor to me it makes brussel sprouts flavor to strong. I always make them for the holidays and everyone loves them but me lol. I love roasting tomatoes, parsnips, potatoes, onions, garlic, corn, carrots and squash. Im sure there are others but that is all I can think of right now.
I love roasted apples :D

roast it - I'll eat it!

including brussels sprouts - which I love but they don't love me - God do they do a number on me........................

I love just about any vege roasted ! Corn....love it roasted on the cobb too but...like Mama and brussel sprouts corn doesn't like me !

but Mrs. - I bet the brussels sprouts kill me before the corn does a fraction of the job on you! I love them so much - but I eat just one and I'm a goner for days!

There's a message there, Mama: God really doesn't want us eating those little round cabbages.

Like others, if you can roast it, I like it. Of late, though, I've a particular favorite. In Mollie Katzen's "The Vegetable Dishes I can't Live Without" she has a great recipe for Roasted root Vegetables with Pear Glaze. It includes carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, and sweet potatoes roasted in a glaze made with pear nectoar, cider vinegar and honey, among other ingredients.

Back