What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Believe it or not

P

pepperman

:D I'm sure everyone is thinking, Not another pepper recipe, Well it's not about peppers,this recipe is how to make fresh tortilla chips ( to eat with the pepper recipes) LOL
These fresh warm chips are great with your favorite dip. I especially like them with the warm spinach dip recipe that I make.

Freshly Made Tortilla Chips

Ingredients:

Small pack of 6 in. white corn tortillas (yellow for hardy chips)

Oil for your deep fryer

Salt

Preheat your fryer. Cut small stack of tortillas (6 or 8) twice, once in each direction making 4 pieces. Place loosely into fryer for a few minutes until bubbling has slowed, use a large spoon with holes to push the chips down while cooking and to remove chips when done. Place onto paper towels, salt and allow draining. Repeat process until you have enough chips. Serve with freshly cooked peppers or your favorite dips.

Chips should be golden in color. If they're cooked untill dark brown they become crumbly.

Pepperman

I have got to try these pepperman....they sound easy to make. Thanks for sharing !

These are yummy- pepperman.

For another twist- try frying flour tortillas cut into wedges or strips. Delicious with salsa and guacamole!

Back