What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheesy Garlic Pull Aparts

jglass

Cheesy Garlic Pull Aparts

2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (8 ounce) can biscuits (10 biscuits)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (can use less)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
pizza sauce

Heat oven to 425.
Melt butter in small bowl. Stir garlic, parsley and garlic powder into butter.
Pour butter mixture into pan.
Cut biscuits into 4 sections each. Place in pan. Top with both cheeses.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until biscuits are cooked through.
Invert upside down onto a plate.
(I take a knife around the edges of pan to release stuck on cheese before inverting to plate.).
Serve with warm pizza sauce.

These are very good. We like to dip them in Mama's Marinara sauce.

Sounds really good, Janie.

As a side note, I've discovered that virtually any yeast bread recipe can be used to make pull-aparts. Mix and proof the dough as you otherwise would, then shape it into small balls, and arrange in a pan, with each one just kissing the next.

I like using a ring mold, and make them like Monkey Bread. But no reason they can't go in a regular pan.

I'm thinking your recipe would work particularly well with a good pizza dough.

I was brought up on bread (with or without garlic on it) and sauce. To me that is a complete meal - don't need anything else!

This sounds good Janie. And easy.....I'll have to try these. I love the garlic and cheese sticks you get at pizza places.

I got this from another site ages ago. We make it all the time and I have given the recipe to lots of friends. So far everyone has loved it. It smells so good while baking.

>It smells so good while baking.<

Not for nothing, Janie, but aren't "smells good" and "baking" redundant? ;)

YUM! We might just have to have these tonight before we head out to the high school football game! I bet that our breath will ensure that we won't be crowded too closely in our bleacher seats! lol!

These do sound good. As for the football game, you might want to give some to the wide receivers to ensure they don't get tackled. :)

That stuff about two garlics cancelling each other out is a crock. We both love the flavor of garlic though. You havent suffered til you are trapped in a car with my husband and he burps after having had garlic PU!

His friend is Thai and eats so much garlic, soy and fish sauce that he reeks when he sweats. It comes out his pores. That combined with the yucky snuff he usually has in his lip is very very bad :eek:

RE: "You havent suffered til you are trapped in a car with my husband and he burps after having had garlic PU!"

HILARIOUS, janie! My former partner wouldn't allow me to drink diet pepsi and eat garlic at the same time for the exact same reason! OR if I did he made me hang my head out an open window like a danged dawg! Ha! In Alaska if you ever saw us driving down the road w/ my head hanging out- you can bet we'd just eaten Itlaian! Hee-Hee!

Back