What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakfast Cereal

chubbyalaskagriz

I came from one of those families where Mom almost always made us a hot breakfast every morning. In fact, Mom had us so spoiled with fried eggs, pancakes, french toast, homemade donuts, and biscuits & gravy, that our relatives and neighbors often disliked having us for sleep-overs because it was perceived that cold cereal wouldn't satisfy us! L'il did these folks know that we LOVED cold cereal!

Today I still enjoy a huge bowl of Quaker Oats Squares, Cheerios, or Kelloggs Low-Fat Granola (to me the low fat version has even more flavor and crunch than the fuller-fatted version!)

What cereals are YOUR favs?

As I've said in the past, I'm not much of a breakfast person. Don't understand how anyone can eat on an empty stomach.

When I do eat breakfast it's usually in the winter, when something hot can really get the juices flowing. Those times I prefer the Pioneer Porridge, from Nora Mills (just a hoot and a holla from Sister Cathy's place). It combines something like 7 different grains. Most of the time I'll toss in a handful of golden raisins as well.

Yes Oatmeal w/raisins, butter, and brown sugar is my all-time favorite!!! And love Granola, and Wheat Germ the best for cold cereals! Not much on Breakfast either.

:D Brook you crack me up with your I can't eat on an empty stomach! Of-course coffee filled tummy's are easier to fill:p RIGHT?

I know what ya' mean I am the same way!!!

can't eat on an empty stomach..............I think I'm missing something here - :rolleyes:

I make sure I spoil everyone with a nice hot breakfast - but yet there are days Inever eat breakfast at all. Maybe it's because I can't eat on an empty stomach????

:eek:

Simple enough, Mama. There's no way I could eat when I first get up. I have to be up and around a bit, have a couple cups coffee, that sort of thing, before I could face the idea of solid food.

Normally I only have two meals a day. Long about now (it's 10ish in the aunt emma) I'll have breakfast/light lunch, whatever. Then, when Friend Wife gets home from work, we'll have our main meal of the day together.

I hardly ever eat breakfast...once in a while in the winter.I have to have my coffee though first thing in the mornings. On the rare occasion that I do eat breakfast..I don't want anything sweet. Just a sausage and biscuit or an omelet.

I rarely eat breakfast, most of the time its just coffee for me. Breakfast is my favorite type of meal, but I just never have time for it. When I was a kid we would make breakfast for dinner almost every Sunday. I still love doing that

Keebler Cookie Crunch and Coco Pebbles are my favs.
Dont have them much for breakfast..but they make great late night snacks.

I love to chomp on Quaker Oat Squares as a great snack.....straight from the box. And Fruit Loops are good too! LOL

Usually oatmeal, especially when I remember to do ahead of time my Steel Cut in the mini crockpot, but occasionally it is a homemade Egg McMuffin (English Muffin, round ham slice or sausage, egg and cheese slice).

My bunny had a thing for froot loops lol. He used to go over in the corner and drag out the box when he wanted some lol.

Cool, janie! A froot-loop bunny!

When my bro Craig and I were little we had a pair of Dutch Black & Whites we named Bucky & Susie. Susie was warm and liked to cuddle, but Bucky was skiddish and barely liked to be petted, much less held or played with... Mom used to scold us 'cause she'd send us out back to collect the laundry off the line and invariably we at some point would end up on the ground with a couple of clean blankets with one if not both of the "filthy varmints" ruining her fresh wash!

Cool, janie! A froot-loop bunny!
mom used to scold us 'cause she'd send us out back to collect the laundry off the line and invariably we at some point would end up on the ground with a couple of clean blankets with one if not both of the "filthy varmints" ruining her fresh wash!

Kevinnnnnn I'm gonna swat you to kingdom come sonnnnnnn:D You were a real rascal Kev, I loved raising my sons they were just so mischevious... and the funny part was they were not even trying to be, it was just them being and doing what came natural like you and your sibling!

I liked having granola with yoghurt for breakfast right up until i found out i was allergic to yoghurt. Now i just have it with milk

Well.... My stomach would bloat up to twice it's size within 2 hours. It stays that way all day and the next day. I made sure by eating exactly the same thing for a few days except for the yoghurt.
I didn't really notice it at first because started eating yoghurt when I had an infection in my stomach so I thought it was that. I walked around with it for 3 months before I figured it out.

Back