What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BW3's Parmesan Garlic Steak soft taco's

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
BW3's Parmesan Garlic Steak soft taco's

Ok, today I was making some skewers out of a London Broil and didn't know what to do with the "scraps" that were too small to thread on the skewer. I put them in a skillet with a tad bit of olive oil and cooked them a few minutes until they were done. Next, I poured a little bit of Parmesan garlic sauce from BW3's in the pan and mixed it around. I heated up some soft taco shells and made "taco's" out of them. Cheese and lettuce. Very good, quick and easy!!

this recipe is a gift from a former member.

jglass - Mama rocks? Or Mama throws boulders to rid the site of crapheads?????

LOL

Besides - once a recipe is posted to a site - it is part of the site.

I appreciate the way you take care of the site Mama.
Thanks to you we dont have to deal with the garbage that is on so many other forums.

I don't like doing some of the things I've done - but sometimes that is the only way you can deal with idiots. This last one could not just let it go and go away.

I don't care what site you are on - once a recipe is posted - it stays on the site.

The actions were uncalled for. We are adults - not children. And it is unfortunate that there are some out there that act the way they do.

I'll play your game - but my MY rules.

And for the life of me - why promote a site that has no recipes? I just don't understand someone putting money into a site and not taking the time to post recipes - other than those from the food network. The time those 2 spent trying to do whatever it was they were trying to do - they could have posted recipes on that site.

Cripe - if all I wanted was recipes from the FN I would spend my whole day on that site.

Maybe it's me - but if you can cook and have recipes to share - why not use them? I just can't understand that.

If I had a site I'd be posting recipes like crazy so that people would like to join and participate!

I like our site - it's just right. We have fun, we share and we voice our opinions and respect one another. Too bad others can't see that. But then again - there is always someone out there that will try to ruin a good thing. And I won't let it happen.

This site will always be here and be successful - that site won't make it - period.

Well you find Drama Diva's all over the net.... not me...I have too much drama at the moment heading our way with remnants of Gustav...Flash Floods and Tornado's....hope they don't stick around....just as the trouble makers that come here....see ya...don't let the door hit ya on your way out !
Thanks again Mama for a wonderful site that not only is a food site but one where we can laugh and kid around and leave the stress for a while.

Well, I finally went over there. Even for a new site there are some significant problems; not the least of which is: As of right now they have four members, two of whom undeservedly call themselves "chef."

First thing they need to do is learn that "chef" is a title you earn, not one you award to yourself.

KYH - you talk about the fine line between many cooking terms and they way they are used in recipes, etc.

Ditto with cook's terminology. These days I guess I am just classified as chief cook and bottle washer, but I come from a long line of executive chefs and pastry chefs that worked in 5-Star restaurants, restaurant owners, caterers, etc. so it's in my blood and I wouldn't want any other profession. I've worked my butt off and put in my time. And yes - it was worth it.

It's sad to think that someone can open a pull tab on a can or pop a frozen entee in the microwave and classify themselves as a CHEF.

Let's see - I think I'll bake a cake today - that would make me a pastry chef. And with a roast in the oven - well then I must be a chef - definitely. And then of course, I am the prep cook, and since I made hot breakfast on the griddle and stove top I must also be a line cook, and then I am serving the meal so I am the server as well and don't forget I am also the dishwasher..................and I'm a grill cook, fry cook, vegetable cook - LOL!

yadda, yadda, yadda...............

oh yeah - and don't forget - you know all those TV/FN shows that film them shopping for groceries they need to cook???? Heck - I do that too!

: )

where's the cameras when I'm shopping................................

hey - now I know where the cameras on when I'm shopping! Big Brother is watching us all - well I hope they enjoy watching me pinch, squeeze, smell and disrupt their produce counters to get what I want.

A friend of mine will stop under one of their little ceiling dome cameras and scratch herself in certain places - she says that she wants to give security a thrill from time to time.

OMG - I could never!

Tell her it's a wasted effort, Mama. Most of those highly visible security cameras are phonies, there to serve as a deterrent. Most places are too cheap to put in real security systems.

To be fair, maybe "frugal" is a better word than "cheap," because they are fully aware that 65+% of pilferage comes from employees, not from shoppers.

>that would make me a pastry chef. And with a roast in the oven... <

Aha! I've got you beat, Mama. Last night I reduced a marinade until it was thickened. So that must make me a saucier as well as all those other things. :D

Oh I am the cook and the captain bold
And the mate of the Nancy brig
And the boatswain tight, and the midshipmite
And the crew of the capitans gig

But, alas, despite what they may think at that other site, I am not a chef.

I don't know where you live KYH - but where I am - you can actually watch yourself walking in and out of the supermarkets and there are cameras in every aisle. that is how they catch the purse thieves. And it's like that with at least 3 of our big chains as well as many convenience stores.

And if there are gas pumps outside any store - there are cameras - several.

We even have cameras on our roads now - for speeders, road rage, etc.

So big Brother has moved into town up here.

(even fast food restaurants and other restaurants have them as well)

we've even got cameras on most city buildings not to mention all the cameras installed by individual business, churches, schools, etc.

Most schools here you cannot get in unless you are buzzed in.

you can't even go into a McD's playroom without cameras on you.

Last edited:
Mama...where do you live ? If thats not too personal. But you are correct cameras are a way of life nowadays with all the crime taking place.

I'm in upstate New York - camera city. and they are installing more - they feel that they can put up cameras with radar on the highways and nail us all for going a mil over the speed limit - and you can't fight it - they got pix

most cities and townships are plastering them all over -

Grayson is still small. The two grocery stores have these things on either side of the door you walk through when you leave but I dont think they even turn them on half the time. No camers that I have seen. Def Mom and Pop stores.

mama- the original recipe using your beef scraps sounds yummy! Can we make this at our next community supper- please?

Also, as a side-note... like many of ya'll- I've been to MANY cooking forums. Currently I spend time at 2- though of the two, I devote more of my time to here- and obviously enjoy the simple, easy neighborliness of this group more.

It is not work for me to hang-out and participate here... I genuinely enjoy and find myself caring for those in our group... I feel like we're all good neighbors- Fred Rogers style here at Spice Place!

I also enjoy the light & varied subjects we share and pass around... I like the casual politeness and good manners of it all... I am grateful to Brook for leading me over this way... I'm grateful to mama for her style of management of the site, and I am grateful to all members- both the longer-term friends, and also the frequent NEW ones who come here and take part.

I've been here a relaltively short time, still... only since June. But I feel like I've been here for YEARS. To me, that says it all! In just over 3 short months, I've posted over a thousand times! I wouldn't have been able to if I didn't feel such a part- and if I weren't so comfy here. Thanks to YOU ALL! It's a real pleasure to be just ONE in a group of MANY fine, fine folks. I think we all deserve a round of applause!

(As my fav down-home diva, Dolly P. would say- "C'mon in, pulluppa chair- you'll never meet any finer nuts!" )

awww - you're so sweet!

and you are a pleasure to have around - unfortunately I think you missed some "fun" with mama and the group -

like this recipe is not mine - it was posted by a so-called chef with a new site that has 4 members and a handful of recipes from the FN. when she decided she didn't want to play with us - she deleted her recipe. you don't do that. once posted it stays. if no one wants to play with you - then leave - but you can't take all your toys with you. I took the liberty of re-posting the recipe for anyone who would like it. and so the trouble got worse...........................and we were hissed! sssssssssss (so adult) and no one hisses mama's little angels here - that riled me and got that dago red flowing thru the veins! out came the claws - but -

I see that we must be doing something right on this sight - Britt is still lurking and taking our ideas to the big chef site to use. they just can't stay away from us -

I personally don't like to get mean and rotten unless I have to - and this past weekend was "fun" - but as you know - p.i.s.s. off mama (and it takes a lot to do that) and i will strike back.

Like I said - I'll play your game - but by MY rules - and you won't like it or the results.

and I had to be that way this weekend.

I deleted the whole mess - the big chef and her sidekick Britt were not worth it.

We have a great little site here - and we are family - and I think we all like it that way and I want to keep it that way.

new members are always welcomed - not the spam heads

Kev - you just stick with us - we are family here - and as our family grows - we'll still be together and all will be loved and accepted.

I'm not too sure about my "style of management" - but then again - CanMan was nice enough to give me an offical Mama-Nator button and I feel so special!

I love my new button!

Thank you CanMan!

and our little family is just right!

Back