What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Oladushki) - Russian Pancakes

M

Mamasrecipes

Ingredients:

1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup White Flour
1.5 Cups Buttermilk
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Vegetable Oil, for pan frying

Preparation:

Using a whisk or an electric mixer, mix the egg, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl, then add buttermilk. Combine the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl, then add to the liquid mixture. Mix again until you have an even consistency. Heat the frying pan and add vegetable oil to the pan. Scoop the mixture with a table spoon and put it on the pan. Put about 2-2.5' 6-7 pancakes at once. Fry till golden brown, turning then with the spatula. Repeat frying process until all of your batter is used.

Serving suggestions:

Serve with sour cream, maple syrup, honey, or your favorite fruit preserve.

Last edited:
Hope you like them, if you serve them with a fruit preserve, try a liquid consistency preserve, like sour cherry, our favorite.
Also I personally prefer she syrup or preserve on the side, dipping pancakes as I eat them, this way they don't get soggy.

Last edited:
Thank you,dipping is a great idea! I never heard of putting sour cream on pancakes before with preserves. I know I'll Love that. I just put some lite syrup & light whip cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I have to get some wheat flour before I can make this. Thanks again for the recipe. Cookie :)

My Mom made delicious panckes for breakfast when I was a kid. She used to always make two extra large pairs of them to pack in my Dad's lunch-bucket for work. She'd slather with apricot preserves and then sandwich shaved ham & sliced cheddar between them. Dad loved these "Panwiches"!

I have to get some wheat flour before I can make this. Thanks again for the recipe. Cookie :)

You don't have to have whole wheat flour - it's just healthier with it. It also gets some crunchier structure when you use it. However you can use only white flower instead.

Uploaded a new avatar, it's actually a part of the logo of my website - mamasrecipes.net.
Looks good, I think

Nice, Mamasrecipes!

Most of us here change our avatars frequently- we find it a fun way of individual expression. Yours is cool too! Have fun with the avatar feature...

Sorry about that.
I've been kinda busy with work and some other things.
Now we are on vacation in Republica Dominicana, enjiying soe good Dominican Cooking

I love my advtar!

Hi-- Sorry I have not changed my Avatar, it reminds me of something very sweet & loving... I just can't change it. :rolleyes: Cookie :)

That's great. My grandmother used to make lots of those :)
This thread smells like my childhood ;)

Hi, Sorry I haven't made these pancakes yet, but I will. I'm not a Morning person and it's really a big deal in the morning just to make coffee and have a quick breakfast and get going. These pancakes are a must try! Cookie :)

I'll have to try the recipe...it sounds delicious.

Cheesecakelady

Back