What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Maccoroni & Cheese

R

Redneck Charger

My Mom who is sick and in a nursing home, asked Lorie and I to bring in Maccoroni and Cheese one day.. So forgetting how Mom made it.. Was the best.. Well being a man.. said I didn't need to write it down.. Got home, and the next day went to make it.. Forgetting how Mom said, but had a pretty good idea.. and then Lorie added her ingrediants.. and it was the BEST we ever had..:rolleyes:

1) 4 cups of maccoroni (boiled)

2) In a electric frying pan add

1 can of crushed tomatoes
6 Table spoons of med salsa
1 finely chopped onion
3/4's of a cream cheese block
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of whichaster sauce

3) Grate up 3 cups of old cheddar cheese

4) Pour maccoroni in backing bowl..
5) Stir in sauce from frying pan
6) Stir in grated cheese.. (save some for the top)
7) Bake in oven at 350 degree's for a hour

Mmmm Delicious.. and Mom loved it, because she asked us to bring more the next time.

Easy Mac. Cheese Side Dish

One container of Lean Cuisine mac-cheese
1 16oz. bag of Birds eye pasta combo Garlic & herb (pasta, Broccoli, corn, carrots)
1 6oz. can of tuna in water
Half of bag of (Meijer) Cheese Tortellini (9 oz.)
1 cup frozen small peas
* stir fry together in small woc with 2T of olive oil.

This is so simple but a really Good side Dish! Cookie :)

Last edited:
I actually prefer the classic mac and cheese, with bechamel sauce and four cheeses (cheddar, swiss, jack, and ricotta), but this sounds interesting.
I sifted through most of the words, but have one question? why do you specify
"old Cheddar"? as in aged? extra sharp?
thanks,
Nan

Last edited:
I love diced tomatoes and bacon in my baked mac n cheese.

I do to, next time I will add that in. I just did a really fast no brain-er mac-cheese today. I Love the other recipe for mac-cheese, sounds really Good. I'm going to try that one, even with :eek: "Old cheese" lol.. probably meant aged cheddar. Cookie :)

WHOOPS!!!!
just corrected that to read bechamel!!

But go me to thinking about a pasta something with bearnaise??? for some reason, I have been wanting tarragon.

Sorry,
Nan

WHOOPS!!!!
just corrected that to read bechamel!!

But go me to thinking about a pasta something with bearnaise??? for some reason, I have been wanting tarragon.

Sorry,
Nan

Well bearnaise is good on most things so I'm sure it would go with pasta too.

Back