What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there!

jfain

Some of you may know me already from another forum to the rest hello! I'm looking forward to finding some cooking inspiration and the company of others who love to cook.

Jfain, in that case you have come to the right place indeed!!! And we welcome you and hope you will love it here as much as I do. I have learned so much and hope I have passed along at least a little something too!

You call that an introduction? :p

Folks, Jfain comes to us from that same disfunctional site as Chubby, Nan, Sticky Pirate, etc. etc.

She'll be a great addition to our little family: Very knowledgeable about a great many culinary topics, and willing to share what she knows.

How's that for putting you on the spot, Kiddo? :D

Glad to see you made it over here.

Welcome jfain ! Glad you could join us here. We have some great members and a wonderful Moderator. We enjoy food and laughter here.So jump right in.

Howdy, Jfain! And welcome!

Dang- what took ya so long? As KYH said- you're an institution from over at "that other food forum"! I bailed from there last Spring... since then have looked-in on 3-4 others that I found cozy to varying degrees... but this one? Now, this one- let me tell you! IT'S the BEST! I promise- you will adore the folks, enjoy the discussions, and have a blast sharing here! Nothing but fun conversation, lotsa food-wisdom, and good natured sharing going on in this neck of the woods! C'mon in and pulluppa chair- and make yourself at home! winks- kevin

Thanks everyone

I always liked the other forum but it just seems like the threads are getting repititious. The knee is getting better bit by bit thanks for asking Mapiva. It's been a month now since my surgery and I'm looking forward to be out of the house soon. Fingers crossed.

I really miss the physical format and complete user-friendliness of the other forum, jfain. It was desinged perfectly! The physical format here is my 2nd fav though... Of the 2 others I've been to, one of them has an absolutely awful , awful AWFUL format! I also miss a few of the folks... LOVE it here, though!

jfain, for those of us who have not been at the other site, could you fill us in? What surgery?

I had knee reconstruction surgery. I've had a bad knee for a long time finally I needed to do something about it. I really didn't expect it to take this long to recover but I didn't just have a tear I had to have an extra ligament attached to my patella and that is what is causing the hold up. The one thing it can't stop me from doing though is hanging out in the kitchen. I just prop up on my crutches and go to town.

Back