What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cornbread Salad ?

M

mrsjimmyp

Anyone ever had it ? I ate some recently and it was wonderful...would love a recipe for it. May be a southern thing...lol.

I've never even heard of it before, Francie. Can you describe it a bit? Maybe we know it by another name.

This appeared about a month ago on the Epi-log. Does it sound like what you are looking for?

"You just crumble a panful of stale corn bread into a big bowl, add a chopped bell pepper, a couple of stalks of chopped celery, a whole bunch of chopped scallions (both white and green parts), about half a cup of chopped pecans, a diced large tomato and a ton of mayonnaise, mix it well and chill it briefly."

-Epicurious

jfain...that sounds kinda like the one I had....but stale bread...lol...I'd have to use fresh myself ! The one I had had been chilled overnight so the lady said.

your favorite cornbread recipe, baked, cool and crumble 2 boiled eggs chopped 1 bunch green onions,chopped 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled 2 chopped tomatoes 1 can whole kernal corn drained 1 cup mayonaise

alternate layers of cornbread and vegetables. Cover with mayo. Chill for several hrs.

I was brought up on "bread" salads - Italian bread, French bread, cornbread - and it's just about anything goes!

Back