What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sauteed Black Olives With Tomatoes

jglass

Sauteed Black Olives With Tomatoes

I've used dried herds and it's still great. This is nice to serve over grilled chicken. I've also eat it alone. It would also be great on crusty bread and served cold on crackers.

1 cup black olives or kalamata olive
3 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Rinse and drain olives; you can pit them or not, whichever you prefer.
Combine tomatoes and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, add garlic, and cook over medium-low heat until just starting to brown, 2 to 5 minutes.
Add olives and thyme. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add tomatoes, cook over medium heat until juices thicken a bit and flavors are combined, 5 to 8 minutes.
Season to taste with pepper. Serve this colorful antipasto with chunks of crusty bread.
Just before serving, stir in the parsley.

This is too funny!!!:D Just last night I made a recipe very similar to this called Olive Tapenade, then today I received a very similar recipe from our beloved Brook and it is funny how close each of these three recipes are!!! The one Brook sent me calls for Lemon Juice, the one I made calls for Basalmic Vinegar, and your uses no acidic ingredient..(except the tomatoes)yet all three are similar. And all three sound delicious. I loved the Tapenade I used it on a roasted Sliced Pork Roast sandwich and it was great!

I found that on another site. It sounded good so I wanted to share it.
I have to pick up some black olives today before I can try it.

Oh I forgot to mention that in the other thread about "foods we do not care for" I am not that fond of anchovies, although I believe Mapiva is right they'd be good in this salad if you like them!

Back