What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Pie a-la mode

About this time every year I get to craving an apple pie, and I like mine to be topped with vanilla ice cream!

What is your favorite way to eat apple pie?

Hey an after thought I also love candies apples, not caramel - just the red-candy coated ones, not redhot candy coated either, anyone got a no-fail recipe for them?

Although I've heard of "candy-apples", Cathy- I've honestly never had one. I grew up on "taffy apples" or "caramel apples".

Have you ever been to a "Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory"? Man- if you like caramel apples- ya gotta check one out! They make monster apples loaded down with everything from crushed Oreo Cookies and "s'mores"-makin's, to chocolate chips, marshmallows- just about everything one can imagine! BEAUTIFUL, FANCY HIGH-END CARAMEL-APPLES!

apple pie

About this time every year I get to craving an apple pie, and I like mine to be topped with vanilla ice cream!

What is your favorite way to eat apple pie?

We agree again. I've tried it with cheese but I found myself wishing I had ice cream instead. The only thing better than apple pie with ice cream is apple pie with ice cream and a litte caramel drizzled on top! :p

take your pick -

6 red apples
6 wooden lollypop sticks
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 dash vanilla extract

1. Wash and dry apples.
2. Remove stems and replac with stick stuck halfway into apple.
3. Combine corn syrup, sugar, and water in deep saucepan.
4. Stir and cook over medium heat unti thoroughly dissolved and mixture boils.
5. Then cook, without stirring to soft crack stage.
6. Remove from heat; add extract and stir only enough to mix.
7. Place pan over boiling water keep syrup from thickening.
8. Then, dip apples and wind in a circular motion until thoroughly covered with syrup.
9. Place on buttered pan with sticks upright and cool.

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar
2/3 cup water
1 packet cherry kool-aid
10 apples

1. Mix sugar, vinegar and water.
2. Boil Until mixture reaches 300 degrees fahrenheit; cool.
3. Stir in Kool-aid.
4. Put apples on sticks and dip into mixture quickly.

Back