What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

S

sensei

I am a Brit who's been over in the US for 23 years. Always loved to cook. Most interested in all Asian foods (Yep, love that Durian too!) but also classics from most countries except France and Italy. Not too interested in pasta or haute French cuisine. People from Buffalo NY tell me I make spectacular hot wings and a Swedish friend tells me I make a great Gravlax. Perhaps they don't know good food?!! Anyway, I love old style cooking as well. I mourn the fact that the nasty modern "reduction" has overrun the wonderfull old style gravies that were made with roast drippings by our mothers and grandmothers. Hate food Nazis (the ones that want to tell us how to live to be 110 years old by using margerine instead of real butter, water instead of stock, olive oil instead of schmaltz.... then convert us to soylent green... as they are trying to do to most foods.) Love to see an old style butcher with a Pork roast that has fat and skin on it to make crackling. Love recipes that come out just as you tasted them in your favorite restaurant or dive (probably the rarest thing in all of food right now.) Other than that, you can see I have very few opinions!......... Love food people though! Sensei.

Greetings Sensei,
...and welcome! We're a fine bunch of folks who come from a wide range of regions and experiences. I think you'll find this an enjoyable place to be. So c'mon in and join another few dozen very opinionated people! Pulluppa chair- help- yourself to a cuppa coffee, or a tall glass of iced tea and start chimin' in! We're glad you're here... there's room for all at the table! smiles- kevin (chubbyalaskagriz)

Back