What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dianne's BLUE BERRY MUFFINS

D

dianncy64

Merry Christmas

dianncy left us and took her recipes - here's this one:

Dianne's BLUE BERRY MUFFINS

This is the a very blueberry Blueberry Muffin Recipe ~ it's the most requested recipe I have

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

PREHEAT OVEN 400º

Ingredients:

½ stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
1 large egg
1 ¾ cups all-purpose SIFTED flour
1 TABLESPOON all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries (preferably wild) can use frozen blueberries

Step 1

Use cooking spray and spray muffin pan (15 cups) (DO NOT TO USE PAPER CUPCAKE INSERTS)

Step 2

In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until smooth and well blended.

Step 3

In a small bowl beat egg, until frothy, add to creamed mixture. Add milk, and whisk all ingredients together. Set aside.

Step 4

In a large bowl, SIFT the flour, salt and baking powder together. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.

Step 5

In a medium bowl, add the 1 TABLESPOON of flour (don’t sift), then add the blueberries, and toss together, until blueberries are coated, then stir into batter.

Step 6

Fill the greased muffin cups (no paper inserts) halfway with batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.

Step 7

Cool blueberry muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Tilt muffin pan and gently remove muffins. Use a knife blade around any remaining muffins and lift slightly on one side and gently tilt to remove from muffin pan. Serve warm.

Note: can sprinkle sugar or confectioner’s sugar on top of warm muffins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, for the blueberry muffin recipe. There is nothing like fresh blueberry muffins out of the oven with powdered sugar on it!! My Grandma used to make these for me when I was a little with some hot tea Loved them! Cookie :)

Cookie you are very welcome~ this is a recipe I found many years ago ~ I have made it for breakfast and now I use it for potlucks too ~ I use frozen blueberry's ~ I think they bake better ~ I hope you make them ~ It's really easy ~ and I really hope you enjoy them

I will make these, I was at the farmers market this summer & bought fresh blueberries I would just eat them plain now I have a Good recipe to try. It is good you can use frozen as well in muffins. Cookie :)

I've made it a couple of times with fresh blueberries and they were just as good ~ Please let me know how you like them~

dianne

Back