What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scalloped Spinach and Potatoes

MsMai

Scalloped Spinach and Potatoes

1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 pkg (8 oz) spreadable garlic & herb cheese (such as Rondelé)
1 1/4 cups milk
1 bag (16 oz) frozen cut-leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 bag (30 to 32 oz) refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes (about 6 cups)
1 small onion, diced finely
1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese

Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow 2-qt casserole with nonstick spray.

Put soup, spreadable cheese and milk in a large bowl; stir with a whisk to blend. Put spinach and onion in a medium bowl; stir in 3/4 cup soup mixture. Stir potatoes into remaining soup mixture.

Evenly spread 1/2 the potato mixture (about 3 cups) in casserole. Layer with spinach mixture, then remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake uncovered 1 hour until golden.

Ooooooooooohhhhh this yummmmmmmmmm Right up my alley with Asiago cheese ~ Isn't Asiago just simply D E L I C I O U S

MsMai, have you made this? I bet this is a "try once keep forever" type of recipe ~ I love twists to traditional recipes ~ I love scalloped potato's but the idea of adding spinach and Asiago cheese ~ well..... I am going to serve this as a side dish tomorrow ~

Thank you for posting this recipe

You are most welcome and I hope you enjoy them. Like you, I can eat potatoes every

day and many times do. Think I will make Mama's recipe tomorrow:)

MsMai,

I made your recipe yesterday~ I really liked it, we both did. The only thing I did different is: I didn't use shredded potato's but sliced potato's. It was really good.

Thank you for the recipe

Back