What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food Network contest!! TV Host

J

Johnny Cooks

This could be dangerous but I'd like your opinions!

Visit the Food Network's website and search for the next Food Network star. Click on the "most viewed" and then click on Johnny Daskas Cooks! It's my Food Network audition tape!

I'd provide a link but it was not an allowed option.

Thanks so much everyone!! ;)

have you been picked as a finalist? If so we will all have a chance to check out your chops--good luck
I do not open links unless I know the sender, so it doesn't matter.

Food Network contest fot TV host

I've not bee picked as a finalist yet. The deadline to submit videos is Nov 15th I believe. I imagine the casting directors are going to start narrowing down their decisions on semi finalists around that time.

Keep watching for me!

I don't see the most viewed ~ all I keep coming up with is: We found 621 results for "food network star" ??? what am I doing wrong???

Food Network contest for TV host

Google "food network next tv host"
Scroll down to apply. See if this works!

You need to post clear instructions if you want people to view your video.
I hate the new FN website. It is hard to navigate you spend more time chasing your tail than getting where your going.

I'm sorry ~ I am usually savvy on finding and searching websites ~ I did what you suggested and nothing ~ just a video and most popular and recipes but nothing else

I liked your video. I thought you did a good job. You have a nice speaking voice that is a pleasure to listen to and you are a handsome guy. They could use someone with Eastern Mediterranean (Greek, Turkish, etc.) cooking knowledge. I would give your show a shot.

OKAY, I got it and I have to say I enjoyed your video ~ I would like to advise you on a few pointers when you move up into the finals ~ because there is no doubt that's where you're going.

Please and I say this with kindness and wanting to help you ~ please watch your umm's ~ when a person says ummm it looks like they're are trying to fill in the gaps during speech

Your voice is beautiful, I have a thing about voices and what is easy listening, and you definitely have a voice that people want to hear. Your smile with your voice draw people in. What impressed me the most was your sentimentality towards your father, you were brief which made it sincere and I really had goose bumps because of your tribute to your father, that is a person I enjoy watching as a TV HOST.

Johnny, your smile was in your eyes and that is perfect, constant eye smiling is too much~ but like the amount you did~ it was perfect AND IT radiates warmth and confidence and that you definitely did do.

I wrote on your comments, same as here but more in depth here.

The clothing your wore was perfect, brought out your coloring ~ I can honestly say, don't wear gray's or light blue's it will wash you out ~ stay with a nice black or another dark color, you can also get away with a white because of your coloring

Good luck,

Dianne

Last edited:
I notice many people do~ I catch myself doing it too ~ in fact, I hear professionals do it, tv hosts do it, it's everywhere, if you tune in to it ~ you'll hear it ~

I told Johnny to pay attention to it ~ because he stands an EXCELLENT chance to win and his few ummm's could hold him back a bit~ he is CONFIDENT but not cocky/ego which is great, he has the charisma to be a TV HOST, my sincere wish is that someone that good should get the job and not be held back by an ummm or two.

I think he is real and genuine and that is refreshing, though I like several tv hosts on the food network ~ Mark Summers in "Unwrapped" is good, he is basically a nice guy and it comes shining through, a pleasure to watch~ most are egotistical and always tell you how great they are and that their recipe or style is always the best and it "a roll of the eyes" when I hear that stuff.

Johnny can be good for food network and I think he'll have a strong following, his good looks will definitely help him and being genuine will put him over the top ~

Food Network contest - new TV Host

Hi Everyone,

I truly appreciate your comments on my audition video.
By the way thanks for providing the link. I couldn’t attach it until I had a count of 15 bogs I believe.

Thanks for your kind words and the constructive criticism. I agree with the "umms" and will focus on omitting the "filler words" from my delivery if I get the call for the Food Network semi finals.

Each of you had great input! Obviously, you paid close attention to my delivery! You guys are fantastic!!

I'll keep you looped in when I get the call!

Your vote of confidence keeps me optimistic!

I like you, hope you will be chosen, and I said so on the comment I submitted.

I would also like to mention that I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU WILL BECOME AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF OUR WONDERFUL FORUM HERE!!! We could sure enjoy your company as I am sure you will enjoy ours as well! We are a terrific community! And welcome to SpicePlace!!!:)

Good Luck, Cook Chatty Cathy (Cathy Anne S.)

P.S. I love your apron, I am a huge fan of chili peppers, we also have a member here named the pepperman, Kenny is a great cook, and has an awesome product he invented if you get time check him out on this forum! I love Middle Eastern Cusine by the way!

Good luck to you...sorry can't say I'll be watching on food network....I don't own a TV anymore...lol..personal choice we made by taking them out.I did watch the video online...great job....even though I don't eat Chicken.

sorry- I wanna see it, but still cannot. Janie's link gets me to "most viewed" videos- but that's where my search stops- fruitless. AGGHH!!

Kevin if you scroll down you should be able to see his video unless it has been moved. Does it show you any video at all?

I tried to view it again and got

There was an issue retrieving the requested information. Possible reasons for this are:

(1) The video or photo you requested has been moved or deleted.

(2) The permissions on the item that you requested have changed.

(3) You entered an invalid URL.

(4) There is a temporary issue with our servers.

Back