What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...I am wondering....

think I may have an Ice Cream Cake for dessert on Thanksgiving. And I am wondering should I make my own? Or do you recommend buying one? Anyone have any recipes for Ice Cream Cake????

Any adivice will be deeply appreciated

I would buy one. You have so many other things to make on the holiday save yourself the hassel.

I've been making them for years! You can make them a few days ahead of time - that is the good thing. and using homemade ice cream is even better.

But you can make them using any ice cream/yogurt/sherbet you want and any cookie or cracker or cake base.

You can "frost" them with softened ice cream or cool whip.

There is so much you can do. And you can make them in any cake shape you want.

Take a look at a thread here in the CAKES forum - Ice Cream Pan alternatives for a few more hints.

Mama

Yummy, Cathy! I wish I was coming to YOUR house... ice cream cake sounds delish!- of course, I'd have to fit you in between janie's, mama's and everybody else's too! Ha!

Make your own. It is not that difficult. I made ice cream party items professionally for six years. Everybody loves ice cream cake so it is always a sure hit.

And don't forget - the best part about this - you can make them any size and shape you want. for those that would prefer to have frozen yogurt - you can do that too. There are so many delicious flavors you can work with and put together, so many toppings you can use (and use to fill with), fruits, candies, nuts - you name it. Get yourself some smaller muffin tins - fruit in the bottom, ice cream/sherbet/yogurt on top of that and top with a wafer cookie of some sort.

buy those 6 packs of graham cracker crumbs and fill with ice cream and fruits or candies or nuts...............

mmmmmmmm.................

Last edited:
Back