What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi All

M

margo71

Hi.. I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone has used a Riverside Brand Turkey?? :confused:

Neither have I (you're safe as long as it is NOT a Chernobyl Brand turkey) and welcome to the FUN that is this site~ Look forward to see what delicious item you'll post and feel free to view what is already posted ~~~~ Lot's of delicious stuff :)

Chernobyl Brand turkey.. lol:D... not only a cook but a comedian... loved it!!!!

I dont really pay much attention to brand names when it comes to getting my turkey. I have used store brands to butterballs and Jenny O turkeys. Never really been able to tell any difference in them.

Well... I just returned from the grocery store and I bought 1-21lb Riverside turkey and 1-8lb Honeysuckle White turkey breast..... I'll let u guys know what the verdict is....

Now I have had Honeysuckle White Turkey breast ~ very good ~ definitely not from another country.

Though the Riverside Turkey~ no offense but ... It sounds like a back alley type of Turkey~ and please take that with a sense of humor ~ I'm sure your turkey will be fine ~ I'm just dissing your turkey hahahahaha The kind where the guy is hiding in a darken alley and is saying:

"Pssssst wanna buy a turkey~ top o' da line... Riverside, A bonafide, one of a kind turkey...." Sorry ... I don't know what's wrong with me today... for a grown woman I sure have the case of the sillies, maybe Snoopy is rubbing off of me.

Please~ No disrespect to your turkey... I hope I hear from you to tell us the verdict... hahahha sorry.
rotfl2.gif

Trust me.. your turkey will rock
rock.gif

haha.. no offense taken.. I thought the same thing but after talking to about 10 people in the store who had that brand in their cart.. they said that they buy it all the time.. I guess I just never looked passed the Honeysuckle brand.. (although I'm gonna make sure I put Honeysuckle on MY plate!!!! ha-ha...)

hahaha.............. Hope I didn't give you the heebe jeebe's about your turkey, though I did pick on it... and I'm with you ... I'd make sure I'd put the honey suckle white on my plate... be I'd go one step further..... I'd ensure my (ex-) mother-in-law got the first piece of the Riverside and if she didn't keel over ~ well... it's good to go........... hahahahahaha...

Margo I love your name!
Welcome to SP I believe you'll love it here I know I do!
Your Riverside Turkey ought to be good as well as moist (what with it being brought up right beside the river and all:D Just cook it right and it should be just fine!

Happy Thanksgiving Margo and keep on checking in here often you may just never go to another "Foodie" forum, cause after all this is as good as it gets;)

I hope she does~ I ripped on her Riverside Turkey all day~ and I was just giving her a special welcome ~ couldn't help myself ~ Riverside Turkey just has the kind of name you want to pick on er..... pick at..... and eat

Margo, I can lend you my ex-mother-in-law to test if your Turkey is safe to eat ~ you'll be doing us both a favor ~ if it's good then you can eat it .. win-win
for you ........ And if it's not??? win-win for me ... just kidding ~ (we'll talk) :)

Back