What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Cake

jglass

Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Cake

1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon orange zest

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 12 cup Bundt or tube cake pan.
Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, and mix at low speed for about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, or until batter is well mixed.
Pour into pans and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done.
Cool in pan for about 25 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely before drizzling with a glaze made from powdered sugar and orange juice.

images

Have you tried this recipe? It's sounds like something I will make ~ perhaps today because I am procrastinating doing my final(s) project(s) due tomorrow.

I have not tried it but I will soon. I love chocolate and orange together.
It had several good reviews on the site I got it from.

Orange ~ anything with orange ROCKS~ though I have say I love vanilla and orange the best sort of a 'creamsicle' but... then again... chocolate and orange ~ awesome :D

Last edited:
Yep, janie- this sounds WONDERFUL!

Chocolate and orange together always remind me of those fantastic orange flavored, orange-shaped chocolate candy oranges that were sold by Williams-Sonoma for years at outrageous prices- like $15.00- then magically offered by Wal-Mart a couple years later for like two bucks! If you guys haven't tried them- they're incredibly indulgent! Pick one up!

Okay, jglass, the cake is in the oven ~ so far.... the batter is quite tasty.... in 55 more minutes it will be done~ It smells great

Okay, I have taken my first bite~ delicious with a Capital D~ what a flavor combination~ it's almost exotic. Second bite: better than the first ~ Oh this is the #1 cake of the year as far as I am concerned ~ LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :)

Thank you so very much for this recipe~ #1 Cake Recipe ~ hands down :D

Back