What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nonna

N

Nonna

I need a recipe for cookies that does not have butter, shortening, or margarine in it for my grandson who can not have these things in his diet.

Fat-free Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Karo syrup (light or dark)
3 egg whites (or 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp egg beaters)
Directions
1Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt (I like to sift them together to destroy any lumps in the cocoa).
3Stir in corn syrup and egg white until blended (dough will be thick and slightly sticky).
4Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
5Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or just until set (cookies will be soft when pressed).
6Do not overbake.
7Cool on wire rack.

Hi Nonna we welcome you to our forum and hope you will find that you enjoy SpicePlace as much as I do, it is a good place for "foodies" to swap recipes, stories, and anything in general that we feel like talking about;)

CCCathy

Hi Nonna-

and welcome! I think you'll find this little neck of the woods to be a fine place to hang out at- filled w/ great folks from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of food knowledge and cooking experience! So c'mon in and make yourself at home! We're glad you're here! smiles- kevin (chubbyalaskagriz)

Back