What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bread Machine

Y

ymget

Hi,

I'm probably the laziest bread machine user in the world. Its not that I don't use it, its just that I have one recipe and amend it for everything!

My recipe is:

1. Take live yeast (not powdered, the cube type) and mix 1 teaspoon with 150ml milk - mix very well.
2. Add water up to 350ml
3. Add this to the bread machine
4. Add half a packet (500g) of white bread flour - I use the cheapest kind, it seems to work the best
5. Add 1 tablespoon of whole flour
6. Add 2.5 teaspoons of salt, 3 teaspoons of sugar and 1oz butter.

There you have the basic mixture. To this I add either some rye seeds, some of those black onion seedy things (I have no idea what they are called in English, but in Hebrew they are "ketzach" - if that helps!).

For my all time favorite bread I add some dried tomatoes and sliced olives.

Hope you enjoy this.

Thank you for sharing your recipe, I do not think you're lazy..alot of people I know use bread machines to mix their dough and some use them to mix and bake!!! I still think that it takes time to gather all the ingredients and everything!:)

Do Not Ever Worry if You take an Easier Route in cooking, as long as the results and taste are not compromised it matters NOT if you used a few shortcuts to get the job done;)

Back