What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay- maybe this is a weird question...

chubbyalaskagriz

...but of all the cooking I have done over the years- I really have never made much PUNCH! Recently I've been asked by TWO different folks how to make a killer punch for New Years Eve and also for a Wedding Recpetion. And I'm clueless! Any ideas? :rolleyes:

My all-time favorite punch recipe

1 can Hi-C Fruit Punch
1 2 litre bottle Canada Dry Gingerale
1 large can of Pineapple Juice
1 Pint of Lime Sherbert

Get all the Juices and liquids well chilled, then place each in the punch bowl last adding the sherbert floating on top. You may also use cut up fruit on top of the punch, lemon & lime wedges. strawberries, etc. Really Yummy!!!!

these are probably inappropriate if you are doing these for work, but thought you might like them for your files--

I used to make a champagne punch by chilling some cut up fruits in peach or apricot brandy, making an ice ring, When ready to serve put all that in punch bowl, pour in
750m of champagne and a liter of club soda.

here are some others, the mimosa chanpagne sounds really nice, click on Bombay Punch at the bottom of the page, boy, that's an oldie!!
Champagne Punch Recipes
Merry Christmas,
Nan

Bellini

1 16oz bottle chilled peach nectar
1 (750 ml) bottle of chilled sparkiling wine or 1 (2liter) bottle of ginger ale
Fresh raspberries for garnish

Fill each of six champagne flutes with 2 oz. peach nectar and 4 oz sparkling wine. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Serve immediately.

This is a great recipe for small, private dinners. Most punch recipes are for "crowds", and I find my foggy brain can't compute divisions as well as I used too:p

Julie

Last edited:
C'mon Kev - let me give you a punch...............
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
recipe that is -

1 46-ounce can pineapple juice
1 12-ounce can frozen orange juice
1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade
3 cups cold water
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 quarts lemon-lime soda

Heat 3 cups of water and dissolve Big Chief granulated sugar.

Mix in the remaining ingredients, except the soda.

Freeze in 2 - 13" x 9" pans or ice cube trays. When frozen, cut into cubes and put in a container. Keep frozen until ready to use.

Let stand approximately 1 hour before serving to start thawing. Pour soda over frozen mixture and stir until it can be poured into glasses.

or

2 cups cranberry cocktail
2 cups orange juice
1 cup pineapple juice
2 cups ginger ale

*1 or 2 bottles of wine (add to punch to taste, or individually add wine to glasses filled with punch; this way you have a non-alcoholic punch for non-drinkers, and the drinkers can add their own amount of wine into their punch glass.

Note: Combine first 3 ingredients and chill. Do not add ginger ale until ready to serve punch so that it doesn't go flat.

You can omit the orange juice.

Add frozen raspberries to punch as a garnish and/or make ice cubes out of cranberry cocktail and pineapple juice (red and yellow cubes) so that it doesn't water down the punch and keeps it chilled.

For the holidays, I put 2 cups cranberry cocktail and 2 cups orange juice into a bundt cake pan and froze it solid to make like a big ice cube. When frozen solid, dip pan in hot water to loosen then put big cube into punch bowl. It keeps the punch chilled for quite a while.

or

2 Small boxes jello (I used peach flavor)
1 can (64 oz) pineapple juice
1 bottle (64 oz) white cranberry juice
1 2 liter bottle Sprite or 7 up

Pour 2 cups boiling water over gelatin and stir until jello is dissolved. Add juices and freeze until solid (overnight). 1 hour before party, thaw jello-juice mixture on counter @ room temperature.

To mix punch:
Place semi-thawed mixture into punch bowl. Pick w/ice pick into chunks. Pour bottle of soda over chunks and serve.

Alright, Julie... I feel like I'm really walkin' into an ambush, BUT... what the helll is "child nectar"? Hee!

Mama... nice recipe! I wonder if this could double as a nice foot-soak if warmed a little w/ some epsom salts and poured into a big enamelware wash-tub? Hee-Hee!

Kev,
Guess I need to proofread my recipes:p

1 16 oz bottle chilled peach nectar

Sorry,
Julie

RE: "Kev, Guess I need to proofread my recipes...)

Ha! No problem, Julie. I knew better, but I'm half-nuts and will take advantage of any funny when I see it!

Back