What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicken or Turkey Crepes

4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots or scallions
1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 c. light cream
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. dry white wine
1/4 tsp. taragon, crumbled
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 c. diced cooked chicken or turkey
salt to taste
1 recipe crepes or french pancakes

Melt the butter in a sauce pan add the shallots or scallions and cook stirring for 2 minutes add the flour stir to blend and slowly add 1 c. of the cream stirring constantly. Add the broth, wine, and tarragon and stir over medium low heat until sauce thickens. Cook for 5 min's beat 3 tsp of hot sauce into the yolks and then return the yolk sauce mixture to the sauce pan stirring briskly cook 1 min. more and remove from the heat. Mix 1/2 the sauce with the chicken or turkey and add salt to taste. Preheat oven to 350° fill each crepe with 3 tbls. of the filling roll and place seam side down in a baking dish appro. 13X9X2" thin the rest of the sauce with the remaining 1/4 c. of cream and spread it over the crepes and bake for 25 min's or until sauce begins to bubble.

I always sprinkle a tbsp or so of drained capers on top before placing in the oven:)

I posted this recipe for Janie as an idea for a possible Anniversary Dinner for their 10th! It is extremely rich and very very good I think anyone with leftover turkey would be pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

Yum, Cath! I worked w/ a version of chicken crepes at a restuarant I worked at many years ago- and they were indeed rich and delicious!

I made these tonight only I omitted the shallots and the taragon and used sauteed mushrooms and woo-hoo were they m-m-m-m good!!!

Made so many crepes that we had desert crepes with Nutella and Banana rolled up inside them and then sprinkeled them with powdered sugar and the kids will be having this for breakfast tomorrow morning!!! There are still 10 crepes left to use up!

I made these tonight only I omitted the shallots and the taragon and used sauteed mushrooms and woo-hoo were they m-m-m-m good!!!

Made so many crepes that we had desert crepes with Nutella and Banana rolled up inside them and then sprinkeled them with powdered sugar and the kids will be having this for breakfast tomorrow morning!!! There are still 10 crepes left to use up!

I'll be right over :D

Back