What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vodka Salmon Spread

MsMai

Vodka Salmon Spread

Plain vodka can be substituted for the pepper flavored vodka, but season generously with cracked pepper. Serve on crostini with freshly cracked pepper.

Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

1/2 pound smoked salmon
1 1/2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
3 tablespoons pepper flavored vodka
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish

Cut half of the salmon into chunks. Dice the remaining salmon. Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor. Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish. Process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to bowl and fold in the diced salmon. Refrigerate until chilled

WOW! - sounds really interesting. I've got some salmon in a fridge, it's worth trying.

Hi! This is my firts post here! I would like to know if this recipe is ok also with fresh salmon or not. Thanx, Simona

Welcome. I think you will like it here. Mama is a great

leader, and she has some wonderful folks here. I enjoy sharing recipes here.

Unless you are a person who enjoys raw fish, I would advise you not to use raw salmon. The citrus juice and vodka would lend some cooking to the salmon but not a lot. If you have fresh salmon and want to use it, then I would advise you to at least cook it in the microwave for a bit, covered. Then add it to the recipe.

Others here (i.e., Chubbs who spent some time in Alaska and is very experienced with cooking salmon) may have different advice for you ;)

This is pure spam, Janie.

This person is obviously selling Tamiflu, whatever that is.

Of course, I don't expect much will be done about it.

Is tamiflu good spread on a cracker? Or stirred into a goulash? If not, what the hell?

No Kevin it is not.

>>>>But I can attest to the fact that Tamiflu really does work. My granddaughter came down with the flu last year immediately the Dr. prescribed Tamiflu, and her symptoms were MUCH LESS SEVERE! It was a miracle.
Although this person did not post this in the correct Thread, they are right. I do not care for Spam, but I have got to say if they want to let us know about TamiFlu and they think this is the way to get the word out OK at least in this instance I can deal with it:) It should also be mentioned by the WHO and put into all forms of the media that Tamiflu is available and it works, if nothing else it would give folks some peace of mind! IT WORKS!

Cathy, all that you say may be true. But it doesn't detract from the fact this is spam in its purest sense.

One of my herbal remedies is a specific for the prevention and treatment of early flu. But you don't see me advertising it at SpicePlace. Doesn't matter that it works, this isn't the place.

Or, to put an even better point on it, if I were in the cookware business, joined SpicePlace, and, in my first post touted my cookware and provided a link to my sales site, wouldn't you be among the loudest condemning me?

This is no different. And the fact that it's allowed to remain merely reflects the selective enforcement typical of the moderator.

Yeah, like this.

Which probably won't disappear either.

Back