What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboy Chili

chubbyalaskagriz

I opted for chili tonight. My young nephew and I made a pot of Cowboy Chili with all sorts of various canned beans and hominy, then cooked-up some wagon-wheel pasta to ladle it across... also corn-stix using Jiffy Corn Muffin mix. Got it all gooey w/ cheddar & sour-cream and our bellies were happy! Layne liked it so much that he asked for a Rubbermaid tub to take some home in. :)

Tomorrow I'll morph the chili leftovers into a cheesy dip and serve with fried corn & flour tortilla chips...

Sounds good Kev...but I would have to leave out the beans...lol....
I make a soup called Cowboy soup that my family loves.

Cow-boy chilli

Cowboy Chili what a kick start to a New Year!! :) Happy New Year, everyone!! Cookie :)

I had never had Chili with pasta before until I had gone to a convention in Chicago back in 2000. I had Cincinnati Chili for the first time and really enjoyed it. I actually had it all 5 ways, lol.

Never had chili with pasta either but it does sound good. Plus the pasta would be a good "stretcher" to lower the sodium level per serving. I think chubbyalaskagriz has a good idea here for several reasons. Thanks chubby.

I had chili w/spaghetti once at a bar-restaurant, we were on vacation some-place, the bar called it Bob's Chili it was really Good! Cookie :)

note:We had Bob's chili in Michigan Iron-mountain area when we were on vacation.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. My wireless went down and I thought it did it before the 1st post. Now that we have gone to 2 pages I will say my Ohio joke was about Ironic's Cincinnati chile.

Last edited:
Back