What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Like the Colonel's Chicken?

chubbyalaskagriz

All you Kentuckians- janie and Brook- are you familiar w/ this restaurant?

My Dad recently visited this place in Kentucky and really enjoyed it. He reports it was started years ago by the wife of Colonel Harland Sanders. It remains in business today, and much of the food served is similar to that served at her hubby's famous fried chicken chain, but of course the menus (which you can view at the link) feature a wide array of offerings. A highpoint Dad shared was that at supper, guests order only an entrée, and that several "sides" and desserts are offered from big fancy silver carts that are pushed around from dining room to dining room- as guests serve themselves as much as they like. Dad says he ain't never eaten so much 'nanner puddin' and buttermilk-fried chicken livers in his life!

Claudia Sanders Dinner House - History

I remember one of Jon's friends who travels tons for his job telling me he had been there once. Neither Jon or I have been there.

Thank you for the terrific info and link, I am going to make it a goal of mine to visit this restaurant this year, look out Brook I'm headin' your way again! We will stay in Renfroe Valley, and then drive to Shelbyville to enjoy this dining experience. Maybe after tax season has wound down and I need a good excuse to get some R & R!!! :) And we will most def. stay at the KOA in Renfroe Valley, it is the campground of all campgrounds!!! I am so excited now!

Thanks Kev!

'nanner puddin' and buttermilk-fried chicken livers?????And to believe I was going to try to get everyone to eat Ramps at the Pot Luck Social. Lol. I'm hoping Nanner pudding and chicken livers don't come together as one item.

Back