What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[B]Supper Bowl[/B]

cookie

What's Cooking for Supper Bowl Sunday? Are U watching the Game? Cookie :)

This is what I'm bringing....

Winter Pasta Salad

Veggie Spiral Pasta 1 Box
1 Bag cauliflower & broccoli mixed (frozen)
1 Bottle of (Ken's Lite Northern Italian with Basil & Romano salad dressing)
1 Can of Chic Peas
1 Can of Black Olives
2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Pkg smoked skinless sausage (cut up)
1 t garlic powder, 1 t onion powder, 1 t Italian seasoning
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, Romano mix

Here is salad I am making, a long time favorite on another forum--

Mango, Avocado and Shrimp (large) Salad

2 x ripe mangos, diced
2 x ripe avocados, diced
1 x small romaine lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces
1 x TBL chopped fresh coriander
1 LB cleaned, precooked large shrimp defrosted
1 x good cup cooked rice or small pasta (I use orzo ie rice shaped pasta)

Dressing:
2 x TBL fresh lemon juice
2 x cloves garlic minced (depends on strength
of garlic, use less if one clove is quite strong)
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and
grated or minced
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp borrie (turmeric)
2 tsp sugar

Layer well washed and dried lettuce on large platter layer Avo then pasta then mango and lastly shrimp. Sprinkle well mixed dressing over the entire salad.

Joanie's notes:
I found that in fact this is nicer if the prawns and mango are first put into a plastic bag with the dressing for a couple of hours and then spread in the layers. Serve sprinkled with coriander and fresh, crisp baguette.

Nan's tweaks--I 5X this, so put do as joanie says with the shrimp and then add the to the bowl with pasta for about an hour. I put some shredded romaine in with the salad. line a big bowl with romaine, mix cilantro into salad, taste for salt and then put in bowl. arrange avocadoes which have been brushed with lemon juice over top. oh, and I use frozen mango chunks, thaw a bit and cut into smaller pieces--good product!

Should be a very good game!!!!!
Nan

Jon and I don't like sports but I have gotten some good bargains at the store due to the superbowl sales.
Hope you guys enjoy the game!

We are not getting into it this year as none of our teams are playing! Oh well! We just had pizza and are going to have a roast beef dinner, my Sunday favorite!

Nan your dish sounds spectacular!!! I will be over to watch the game with you! hee-hee

funny about none of your teams playing--the last few years the playoffs were awful, all my favoirtes were there--I have one or two I really root for and several more I really enjoy. Anyway, this year has actually been more relaxing, couple made it to playoffs, neither of the two I don't like got very far!! And, would love to see the Cards do it, but either way, think it's going to be a heck of a game.

Cathy, that is such a good salad and not that hard to put together. as in the tweaks, you can put parts together, slice avocadoes and splash some lemon on--and it is so damn pretty.

Have a nice Sunday!
Nan

Nan, Thanks for the recipe sounds really Good! I Like everything in it.

Pizza is always Good any were any time!!

If I weren't watching the Game I would be shopping.. Great Deals!!

Have a Good Weekend everyone!! Cookie :)

Back