What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pork Chops

There was a recipe I made many years ago with Pork Chops.

I wish I could remember it verbatim, but try as I might I can not..... it seems it had the can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup, and a pkg. of the dried mixed vegetable soup mix sprinkled over it and baked, very easy yet delicious!

Does anyone have the exact recipe? If you do could you please share?

Thank you, Cathy

I've got these:

2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash pepper

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the pork chops in oil; set
aside. In an ungreased 8-in. Square baking dish, combine soup, milk,
rice and seasonings; mix well. Top with pork chops. Cover and bake at
350 for 45 minutes.

8) 4-half inch thick boneless porkchops
1 can of cream of mushroom soup-undiluted
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of Lowerys french fried onion ring

In a non-stick skillet place 2 tablespoons of Olive or Canola oil. Place Pork chops in skillet and brown on both sides. Place in a glass baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam CookinG Spray. Mix together the can of soup and the sour cream. Spread over portk chops. Sprinkle 1/2 of the can of Onion Rings over the meat. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees in an oven for 1 hour. Take out of oven and sprinkle rest ofonion rings over meat. Sprinkle with paprika--just a small amount. Place back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Serves 4.

I know the EXACT recipe you are talking about - I'll do some digging!

2 medium potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 pork chops or pork steaks
1 (10 ¾-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (1-oz) pkg. onion soup mix
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:
Spray a 9 X 13 casserole dish with vegetable spray. Layer potatoes in the bottom of casserole dish, then add onion slices on top. Mix mushroom soup, onion soup and water. Pour part of mixture over vegetables. Place pork chops on top and cover with remaining liquid mixture. Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for at least 1 hour or until chops and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 - 6 servings.

1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4" thick each
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 soup can milk
1 pkg. (1 oz.) ranch salad dressing mix
Paprika

Heat oil in skillet. Add chops and cook until browned.

Add soup, milk and 1/2 pkg. salad dressing mix. Heat to a boil. Cover
and cook over low heat 10 min. or until done. Sprinkle with paprika.

4 pork chops
1 cup rice
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium bell pepper, cut into rings, optional
2 cups water
season all and pepper

Wash chops well. Sprinkle on season all and pepper. Mix soup, onion soup mix, and water together.

Place rice in baking dish. Pour mixture over top.

Place chops on top of rice and soup mixture. Place bell pepper rings on top of chops. Cover with foil.

Bake at 400F for an hour.

Serves 4

Thank you MamaM, I will let you know what I decided upon, all I can remember was that it was an excellent dish and the meat was falling apart tender!:p

OMG Chubbie - I've had a few "episodes" with gall bladder - and believe me you WILL know it. Upper right-side rib cage pain radiating thru your chest so bad you think you are going to die! Thankfully I only had a few because of super spicy/greasy foods I ate out. Homemade and home cooking I don't ever have to worry about - and I can have some "heat" or spice occassionally with no problems - can't say that for eating out!

The "gall" of them darned gall bladders doing that to all you perfectly nice people:mad: why Heck I would have to fire mine if it gave me that kind of treatment!!! I would yell "OUT WIT CHA" and off to ER I would go:D

Lordy, mama... what u describe sounds like HELLL! Isn't the gall-bladder one of those "good for nuthin' " organs that we don't even really need? ...or am I wrong about that? Don't many folks get them removed- like the apendix?

My wife had her gall bladder removed. They snipped her open, sucked it out with a shop Vac and sent her home the same day. Well, maybe a shop Vac wasn't used but I'm thinking it coulda worked.

I'll bet the way she felt afterwards she'd say it was an INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH SHOP VAC they used!:eek: Poor Baby, I have heard it is a terrible ordeal to go thru!

Which makes me think I am going to baby my gallbladder, much as Janie is hers!

I can not for the life of me figure out why pork would mess with ones gallbladder though, unless it was not trimmed of excess fat! Any input on that Janie?

Gosh I love Pork, and would hate to think I would have to give it up!

Lordy, mama... what u describe sounds like HELLL! Isn't the gall-bladder one of those "good for nuthin' " organs that we don't even really need? ...or am I wrong about that? Don't many folks get them removed- like the apendix?

I think it is one of those things that God gave us to fill an empty space - just like the appendix - the cavemen supposedly used it for something in digestion or whatever.

Strange thing - once they are removed you can eat all the spices and hot greasy foods you want!

Cathy - a friend of mine would get bad bouts from pork too - always with fried pork chops. Had to be the grease and fat.

Back