What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollo alla Cacciatora

jglass

Pollo alla Cacciatora
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson 2007

This is an old favourite - chicken cooked 'the hunter's way' which grants a certain amount of culinary licence. This, my, version is traditional enough,
only speeded up and simplified. The only unexpected deviation lies in the addition of a can of cannellini beans. This, in effect, turns it into a quick,
one pot, all-inc supper. Having said that, I also adore it - as do my children - with plain steamed rice, as well. But whatever, when I cook this, I know I can count on getting tea on the table from scratch in comfortably under half an hour. Nigella Lawson

Ingredients
1 tablespoon garlic oil
1/2 cup pancetta cubes
6 scallions, finely sliced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 pound chicken thigh fillets, each cut into 4 pieces
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, optional

Directions
Put the garlic oil into a pan with the pancetta, sliced scallions and chopped rosemary and fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the bite-sized chicken pieces, stirring well, and sprinkle in the celery salt.
Pour in the wine and let it come to a bubble before adding the tomatoes, bay leaves and sugar.
Put the lid on and let the pan simmer for 20 minutes.
Drain and add a tin of cannellini beans and when they have warmed through too, you are ready to eat.

Back