What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Ginger Crumble

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Apple Ginger Crumble

5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 tablespoons butter

Lightly butter the crockpot and place apple slices on the base. Combine sugar, flour, rolled oats, ginger and nutmeg and cut in butter, using a pastry blender or knife. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.

not too crispy - crockpots don't do that too well but I have also made this in the oven - cook till done.

This sounds like apple crisp and I always put vanilla ice cream on it, or cool whip with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. This recipe sounds cool, because you make it in the crock pot. Good one Mama! Cookie :)

So.... I will also try to make this one with icecream on it:)

that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Mama, I knew I had missed some good ones like this one that you posted. I injured my back and have not been on the computer a lot. Missing you guys, will be back from time to time until I am mended. {{HUGS}}

Back