What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socca

jfain

Has anyone here tried making socca? I made it for the first time last night and I love it! It’s a sort of crepe/flat bread from Nice, France. You just take about a cup of chick pea flour, 1 Tbls of olive oil and fresh chopped herbs of your choice. Mix that together with enough water to make a pancake type batter. Then put it in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight. When you are ready to make your socca just heat a skillet with some olive oil and proceed just as you would for a crepe.
The result is crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle with an almost peanut butter flavor. I will be making these often.

Jfain, do you fill them with anything, or just eat them plain?

Last night I just had it plain as a flat bread to go with dinner but you could put fillings on top and make it a savory pancake like okonomiyaki.

Back