What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia peach bread

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
GEORGIA PEACH BREAD

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups pureed peaches
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Cream sugar and shortening together. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Add peach puree and dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add vanilla and chopped pecans and stir until blended. Pour into two loaf pans approximately 5- x 9-inches in size, that have been well greased and floured. Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let bread cool a few minutes before removing from pan.Makes 2 loaves.

Mama, this really looks like an excellent bread. I have to make this. I bet a slice would be so good with some whipped cream or even a slather of cream cheese on it. Does the finish product turn out with the texture of a pumpkin bread?

Hi everybody I am new to this forum and I noticed this bread recipe it sounds delicious,I was wondering any suggestions on whether to use fresh,canned or frozen peaches ? I am looking forward to exchanging recipes and ideas

Cindy

Hi Cindy! Welcome to SpicePlace the best foodie forum on the world wide web!!! Great to have you stop in and hope you'll enjoy it so much that you'll hang around a while!

Cheers, CCCathy (A real live Georgia Peach LOL :D)

Thank-You So Much for such a warm welcome! I wil be here for I am hoping will be quite awhile :D

Back