What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fairy Cones

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Fairy Cones
A very easy dessert for any occasion.

6 egg yolks
3 level tbsp. sugar
2 level tbsp. flour
1 cup chopped English walnut meats
whipped cream, sweetened and flavored

Beat the yolks of the eggs with the sugar; add the
flour, then the nuts and spread as thinly as possible
on greased, flat baking tins. Bake about 7 minutes
and while still warm cut into squares and roll each
in the form of a cone. When wanted for use fill with
the sweetened and flavored whipped cream.

Looks tasty and simple to make. Thank you for sharing.

RE: "Huh??? I've had that recipe longer than either of them have been in existence! LOL "

I was cracking a funny about the "fairy" cones. Will & Grace was a hilarious tv sitcom known for it's outrageous gay characters! ;)

oh oh - DUH! blonde and having brain farts!
I've never seen Will & Grace - I don't watch much TV.
(mama retreats to her room with a red face - dum, dee, dum, dum)
Hey - I'm still a fifties hep cat! Just a little slower these days!

RE: "oh oh - DUH! blonde and having brain farts!
I've never seen Will & Grace - I don't watch much TV.
(mama retreats to her room with a red face - dum, dee, dum, dum)
Hey - I'm still a fifties hep cat! Just a little slower these days! "

I was up in Alaska w/ no TV access when 'Will & Grace' was on the air... but my bro-in-law loved the show. He said at the time it was the BEST comedy writing on tv. I also had a cousin and her hubby who loved the show. There are two pairs of friends on the show- Karen and Jack- and of course, Will and Grace... Karen and Jack are actually totally more flamboyant and whacko and fun to watch- so my cousin's hubby calls the show "Karen & Jack' instead of 'Will & Grace'- I always got a kick outta that! Anyway, now that I'm back in the real world and have more time to watch the tube, I've bought 3 seasons of the 8 that they made of W&G, on DVD and I'm LOVING it, too! Hope to own all 8 seasons before all is said and done...

I'd love every show/season of NCIS, CSI Miami, and CSI. As well as all the godfather movies, and I've never seen The Sopranos - I'd like that one too.

TV for me is NCIS and the CSI - and I enjoy the history channel and Fox news.

I think I need a life.

LOL

I like those shows too, mama! Also all the Law & Orders and Bones. Also The Sopranos WAS a great show. Didn't think I would like it- but I was addicted after the first episode! I've never seen "Dexter" which a couple of my friends like. It's about a forensic investigator who is actually a serial killer!

I just can't get into TV that much. I believe Many shows on TV are rubbish, especially sit-coms! For some reason I have never been a big fan of them!

On the other hand I love to read!

RE: "rubbish"

I agree wholeheartedly, Cathy!

When working in kitchens I NEVER had the time for TV. If I wasn't working an 80 hour week at one job- I had TWO jobs to make ends meet. Didn't have the luxury of free time, ever.

In Alaska, not only did I rarely have free time, but many times I worked in locations so remote that there was not TV or Internet access- and telephone was available only by super-expensive sattellite phone.

When I left kitchens and returned home and started working just a 40 hour week, AND when I took this relaxed 3rd shift position where we monitor security systems using 4 computer screens, only then did watching TV shows or movies become part of my life. Now, during slow weekends, we're allowed to use a spilt screen on one of our monitors to watch DVD's. In the last 3 years I've watched the movies and tv shows that I missed out on over the last two decades! For instance, I just this year finally watched all 7 seasons of "Golden Girls", several seasons of "The Sopranos" and much of "Mad About You", "Seinfeld" and "Northern Exposure". In know- I know- 20 years late for some of them- but I always was a late-bloomer! Ha! :)

I dn't like sitcoms and soaps - TV is usually on for company - I'm always doing something while it is on. I to missed many years of TV because of my schedule - now it's my noise in the background.

Back