What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinga

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Tinga
Chicken, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers rolled in corn tortillas and fried! Vale la pena!

Serves 24
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 medium onion, chopped
2 (12 ounce) packages corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup canola oil for frying

1. Place chicken into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until chicken is tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside to cool.

2. Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the tomatoes, jalapenos, and onions until soft. Remove the chicken meat from the bones, shred and throw it in the skillet with the tomatoes and peppers. fry for a few minutes to give the chicken some flavor.

3. Heat the cup of canola oil in a clean skillet over medium-high heat. Fill each corn tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, and roll into a cylinder. Fry filled tortillas in the hot oil until golden, turning once. Drain on paper, and serve hot with sour cream or salsa - or both!

KEVIN! ME???????????????

LOL - that slimeball has been hitting other sites - it was just a matter of time - but he can't come back - he's not "mama approved"!

I to am happy the spam is no longer a trouble. But I am thinking it must be filtering out the members to. I know its not, but things have a bit strange. I was thinking we may have to start answering our own post. I can do that, I talk to myself often. You feeling any better? Any ideas on where our people have gone? CF

Like I said - looks like it's you and me kid. I don't know - for the life of me - where everyone went to. When the spammners were here - members were here and complaining - now - ??????????????

I'll be danged if I know where they all went to.

BTW - I'm just so lovable that these germs will not leave me. Still feeling crappy - but then again the temps are now down to the 30's and they will be 80 again by Tuesday or Wednesday. Everyone up here is sick. And flu deason really doesn't start till around November - but for us - mid-September.

They are pushing the flu shots here. Everywhere you go someone is giving shots. I can't decide if they are trying to help me or poison me. I am kinda spooky for some reason. You never know who to believe anymore. Truly hoping you get better soon. CF

well - I don't think a flu shot would help me - and I have had a horrible relapse of this rotten flu!
I don't feel like crap - I feel worse. Get the body bag ready...............

No doc for me - but I've been playing doc - the babies had it (I'm and adopted gram), their mom was sick, and I am trying to hold 2 households together - mine is suffering. Her laundry I did - mine I have to catch up on. I'm too old for this.............

Mama, just don't over do it with work. Sometime we have to come first. Or there may be nothing of us left to share. CF

I was gung-ho yesterday to get everything done - well - my gung-ho left real quick. I slept a lot - and today is another day. We'll see what I get done.

Back