What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue cheese pizza

J

jasmine_joel_60

Blue cheese pizza
Cuisine
Italian
Main ingredients
Pizza dough, Blue Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
Time of preparation
15 Minutes
Time of cooking
15 Minutes
Serving

Ingredients
cup Basil , or spinach, fresh, leaves only
g Blue Cheese
Tomato , large size, sliced
Pizza Dough
2/3
cup Mozzarella Cheese

Directions
Roll dough on a slightly floured surface. Spread dough to cover a 30 cm diameter baking sheet or pizza pan or its equivalent rectangular baking sheet.
Add spinach or basil leaves to cover dough surface. Mash blue cheese using a fork. Add blue cheese over spinach then add tomato slices. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Heat oven to 220-230 C. Bake pizza in oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
a very long time ago I had one with gorgonzola and pears. for the life of me can't remember what else was on it, just that it was wonderful!
might find time later today to do a search?

Nan

All of which raises an interesting question: When does something stop being a pizza and become a rustic tart?

Well with Pizza I think it has to do with the dough. If it’s on a pizza dough then people are going to call it pizza but I do wonder about these things sometimes. They seem to stretch the definitions on these things a little thin sometimes. For instance I’ve heard okonomiyaki referred to as “Japanese pizza’. Now okonomiyaki is delicious. I make it myself but it’s about as much like a pizza as burritos. If I had to liken it to something I think I would use savory pancake for my description. Often I’ll try a recipe and change the name when people ask what it is because I think to myself no way I can call this a lasagna for instance with a straight face, it has no noodles, tomato, cheese, béchamel or anything else that’s in a lasagna so I will change the name to casserole or something.

You're probably more right than not about the dough, Jfain.

I think about Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, for instance. It starts with an enriched dough; more like a low-hydration foccacia than pizza. Then it's formed into a bowl shape, and filled with savory stuff.

By the time you're done, you have something pretty tasty. But pizza it's not---by any stretch of the imagination.

Now the question becomes: if we took that dough and rolled it into a disk, put fillings in the middle, and folded the edges towards the filling. What do with have then? A rustic pie? A sort of pizza? A filled foccacia?

Speaking of pizza... I've proll'y mentioned this before (though it's worth mentioning again!) but I am fast falling in lust w/ the shaved-headed Italian dude who tosses the dough and does all sorts of flat-bread acrobatics with pizza crust- including allowing it to roll across his back and shoulders- on the new Visa tv commercial! Anybody seen it! That dude can top my pizza any day! HA! (okay, okay! SORRY! The str8 men here get a voucher for one free boob joke!)

At another foodie place I hang-out at sometimes a friend just posted a Bobby Flay recipe for grilled fresh peaches. He splits and pits a fresh juicy peach. Grills it well, then fill the seed-cavity w/ bleu cheese and drizzles it w/ honey or maple syrup. Dang- this sounds incredible to me!

Back