What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deep Fried Cheesecake

S

SpiceIsGreat

Has anyone ever tried deep fried cheesecake? Do you have a good recipe? I'm tempted to try it. I've seen recipes online using tempura batter and others use oriental wrappers.

Use your favorite cheesecake recipe -

Cut the cheesecake into approximately 3 by 1-inch uniform pieces.

Deep-Fried Cheesecake Rolls:
Heat oil n deep-fryer to 365 degrees F.
Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with the egg wash. Blot off excess egg wash with paper towels. Place each piece of cheesecake in the middle of a wrapper. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Fold top of wrapper down over the cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle. Roll each piece of cheesecake toward you until it is completely rolled up. Make sure the egg roll is tightly packed with its edges sealed.

Gently release "egg rolls" into the oil and cook until golden brown, roughly 2 minutes. Using tongs remove the golden-brown "egg rolls" from the oil. Place each "egg roll" in a bowl of powdered sugar and coat well. Place deep-fried rolls of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving.

Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with whipped cream.

Use your favorite cheesecake recipe -

Cut the cheesecake into approximately 3 by 1-inch uniform pieces.

Deep-Fried Cheesecake Rolls:
Heat oil n deep-fryer to 365 degrees F.
Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with the egg wash. Blot off excess egg wash with paper towels. Place each piece of cheesecake in the middle of a wrapper. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Fold top of wrapper down over the cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle. Roll each piece of cheesecake toward you until it is completely rolled up. Make sure the egg roll is tightly packed with its edges sealed.

Gently release "egg rolls" into the oil and cook until golden brown, roughly 2 minutes. Using tongs remove the golden-brown "egg rolls" from the oil. Place each "egg roll" in a bowl of powdered sugar and coat well. Place deep-fried rolls of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving.

Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with whipped cream.

Cut the cheese cake into bite sized pieces. Set the pieces onto a sheet pan that has been lined with waxed paper. Place in freezer for about 30-40 minutes. Make and egg wash with 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of water. For a dredge mix 1 cup of plain bread crumbs with a tablespoon of sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Heat 2" of oil on medium high heat. Take the cold cheese cake pieces and slide each one onto a skewer or tooth pick. Dip into egg and then into the bread crumb mix to coat lightly. Fry until golden brown. 1 1/2- 2 minutes tops. Don't walk away from them. After I remove them from the oil I like to dredge them in a sugar and cinnamon mixture right away. I tried this with crushed corn flakes once but didn't sweeten the crumbs. They were good but needed the sweetening. When setting on the serving tray, remove skewers or tooth picks.

Back