What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low Sodium Recipes

C

coco200066

Hi,

I am particularly interested in low sodium recipes.

I was cooking spaghetti last night when I realized just how much sodium was in the canned tomato sauce and fire roasted peppers.

So can anyone give me an alternative low sodium tasty recipe?

Hi Coco -

the best way to cut out all the sodium is to make everything homemade. Yes - you will still be using salt - but not as much as these food makers do. You will also be eating healthier with less preservatives and additives. And you can switch to sea salt. Stay away from all prepared foods, canned foods, pre-packed foods, etc. those will kill you.

tomatoes do not have any sodium in them - great for making sauce - and using a salt substitute will cut out the sodium as well -bell peppers have zero sodium - onions have a trace amount - mushrooms have a trace amount - sounds good making it homemade

So not to be stupid or anything....I am new to all of this including home made stuff lol...would any of you have a good home made receipt I could try for this?

Thanks for all the advise!

There are some wonderful recipes for low-sodium, but I would recommend the easy way Coco, just use no added salt to your recipes! I believe that would be the smartest, keep it simple way to go! And go easy, just cut back gradually from what you are used to until you get used to eating less, then cut back some more, gradually wean yourself from the sodium! If you expieriment as you go you will learn how to season, and learn how ya all will enjoy eating your food.

Hello Coco
Can you make sauce in the house
Made a large amount
Distributed in boxes and placed in the refrigerator until frozen
Will be good and appropriate
Used in pasta and pizza
Or anything
It is quick and easy
Do not eat canned food
There are many calories

Minced onion or clip
Squeezed or minced tomato