What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homemade Sloppy Joe's

1 lb gr. beef
1/8 cup diced red bell pepper
1/8 cup diced green bell pepper
1/8 cup diced red onion
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup ketchup
1/8 cup water
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp each worcestershire & soy sauce
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Saute veggies in a small amount of oil, add beef and cook until browned through. Drain, add all the other ingredients stirring well and allow to simmer until sauce has cooked down and thickened slightly.

Serve on hamburger buns. Serve with veggies of choice.

Thanks, for the Homemade Sloppy Joe's recipe now that it's summer there are bell peppers every where in all colors!!!!! Cookie :)

Thanks, for the Homemade Sloppy Joe's recipe now that it's summer there are bell peppers every where in all colors!!!!! Cookie :)

You're welcome Cookie! Yes the bell peppers are so abundant, and I am so very fortunate because they are cheap next door to where I work!

I made stuffed bell peppers the other night, I got the recipe here at S.P. the recipe was from I.C. it was Delicious, I changed the recipe a bit, I added about a 1/2 cup of salsa & I used 2 small cans of (low sodium) V-8 juice to mine.

That's nice you can buy your veggies so close to your work.
Cookie :)

Stuffed bell Peppers are one of my all-time favorites, well stuffed grape leaves are really number one, but bell peppers come in a close second:D I do not know why but when I cook stuffed veggies of any kind they just taste so-o-o good. I am also a lover of stuffed cabbage leaves also! Cookie your addition of salsa and V-8 sound wonderful!

Stuffed peppers, stuffed grape leaves, stuffed cabbages, Lol. They all sound sooooo godd. I just bought a new pressure cooker and want to try it out. Like it's going to be any different than the last one... But it does give me the excuse to make one of the above.

Back