What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have certain recipe that.....

A

Ashworth3715

is only in your head you have never written it down? Like something you have seen your mother do a hundred times. Well i'll share my example to help make my question a little bit clearer.

I have this delicious potato salad recipe but i make it by taste not by doing measurements or reading a recipe; and it turns out extremely delicious everytime. I tried making the recipe for it but when i do it; it never turns out right. Anyone else have this experience?

Pasta Salad, I have one recipe that I make over and over again but I just end up tossing thing in and never measuring I've made it so much.

Me too on the pasta salad (which I ripped off from a friend years ago) involving farfalle, grape tomatoes, hearts of palm, mushrooms, flaked tuna, diced artichoke hearts, and balsamic vinegar. I don't always get it right, though, and my husband is always quick to tell me 'this isn't your best version of this." Thanks, hon!

French toast, vegetable sautees, and oatmeal (with fixin's) are three i never write down and don't have a reference for.

french toast, lasagna, meatloaf, spaghetti ... pretty much anything having to do with pasta I just start sticking stuff in the pan

garlic, pepper, red wine marinated, grilled prawns. do it by hand comes out fantastic every time. do it by measure and its just wasted effort

I used to make pancakes for years that way... just watched how much my mom poured in the bowl, and voila, perfect pancakes. Then I quit making them for the 3 years I was in college and forgot the ingredient ratios. But luckily now that I've been making them every weekend for over a year, its coming back to me. I still have a flat batch every once in a while, but they taste good.

Back