What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baked Feta

MsMai

Baked Feta

The easiest appetizer yet - just wrap a slice or two of feta cheese in foil, sprinkle with spices and bake 10 minutes!

8 ounces Greek feta cheese, 3/4-inch thick block
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Place feta on a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle on seasoning; drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the cheese in foil and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is soft, but not mushy. Serve warm with crackers or sourdough bread.

this sounds really good and really easy to make! I love anything with cheese so I am sure I am going to love this one :)

CanMan my sister swears by Penzey's Spices and loves them! I am wondering if you can tell me how you like this recipe when you try it?
My Feta did not really soften, even after over 15 minutes in the oven, but that's why they invited those cheese knives. The oil also just laid there in the bottom of the aluminum foil and the seasoning was bunched on the top, so I took the knife and cut up and tried to mix everything together better. Next time I think it will all go in a food processor first and then in to the oven.

All in all it was a good dip and well worth doing. The Greek seasoning gives it a bite (especially if you get a concentration of it) and the olive oil smooths out the taste. I liked it.

Back