What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Friend Sent This Salad Idea Using Fresh Peaches- YUM! :)

chubbyalaskagriz

Spinach Salad w/ Peaches, Prosciutto and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Dressing:
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil of good quality
Juice of 1/4 lemon

Peaches:
2 large ripe free-stone peaches, peeled and pitted
1/2 c. good quality balsamic vinegar
1 T. honey
1 T. unsalted butter

Salad:
1 large bunch of baby spinach, stems removed
8 slices prosciutto ham
1 c. goat cheese, crumbled (bleu is good, too!)

Dressing: Whisk together oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground or cracked white pepper.

Peaches: Cut peach into 8 wedges. Place balsamic vinegar and honey in a frying pan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes or until reduced to half. Add butter and mix well. Add peach wedges, toss to coat, then saute for 1 or 2 minutes. (You are just heating them through, not cooking them.) Remove from the stove.

Salad: Toss together the spinach and dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.

To serve: Divide spinach between 4 large salad plates or bowl. Top each serving with 4 peach wedges, then drizzle with the balsamic/honey/butter mixture from the frying pan. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on each salad and sprinkle with goat cheese.

*also would be delicious w/ shrimp, smoked salmon, a fried razor clam, chicken breast or duck breast!

There is nothing as good as ripened peaches. I could eat a dozen of them but most I find in north Louisiana are green. When I find some good ones I usually go back and get more from the same basket.

I remember first place I ever saw peaches growing on a tree was at my great aunt's home in Stuttgart, Arkansas. They don't grow up here in Illinois.

Back