What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of bread pan

Dragoon2Love

I want to get a bread pan that is long and narrow. I looked at several and they all seem expensive like up to thirty dollars. I was wondering if any of you have any advice on what to get. I want to get one that is at least fifteen inch.

Metal bread pan
Box with slide on lid
Box without lid

I've been making bread for 50 years - pick the pan you want. Most of the time I don't even use a pan - a baking sheet or a pizza pan are fine - I just shape my dough the way I want and use whatever pan I want. Look around - you'll find pans to use that are cheaper if y ou don't want to spend that much on one.

I just want to make some bread I can actually use to make sandwiches with. The cheep ones seem too wide for me. I am not good with shaping the dough because when it rises it takes the shape of its container.

you can use any size loaf pan - you just may have several smaller loaves of bread but you will get your bread the size you want

when I was a kid and took a sandwich on homemade bread - the slice had to be cut in half to make the sandwich and it was still big!

Back