What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Healthy Eggs Benedict

alwayshungry

Do all the normal things you would do for Eggs Benedict, poach the eggs, toast the english muffin, etc. and use whatever meat you prefer.

The tip here is the healthy version of Hollindase. Purists go away, this won't suit your pallet, but if your health conscious, you can try this.

Add mustard, lemon juice, and sour cream together for a Hollindase substitute. Tastes good to me.

I'm not a health nut or a purist, but this still sounds pretty good.

Pardon my asking (I'm not very calorie-conscious) but is that Hollindase substitute really that much healthier than the Hollindase?

this sounds good to me. You can also use the whole wheat english muffins, I think these taste even better than the regular and they are healthier for you :)

Have you ever tried to make your own private pizza's with whole wheat muffin, but remember to toast the muffin crisp to your taste, before you begin to pile all your favorite toppings like pepperoni/cheese, chicken, beef etc., yummy, it fits in your hand perfetly and you don"t have to cut it, you can also make a variety of different toppings for each muffin, you can have vegetables, meat, cheese etc your choice, you become your own food artist.

At one Alaska Lodge we made a Nothern rendition of eggs benedict using a split, toasted cottage cheese-dill roll in place of the english muffin. Smoked salmon in place of the Canadian bacon. And mornay sauce (bechamel w/ parmesan cheese thrown in it) in place of hollandaise. YUM!

Back