What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 qt crockpot ideas??????

DougsGirl

I was wanting to see if you all could help me think of recipes for a 7 qt crockpot that wouldn't cost alot to make...

Thanks in advance all suggestions welcome... :)

You can make anything in your 7 qt. that you make in a 3 1/2 qt.

I like mine for large roasts, holding a couple chickens, turkeys, as well as stews and pot roast. and you do not have to fill it - it will most likely cook faster than the older models.

Dougsgirl- welcome to Spice Place! :)

Have you ever seen the magazine called "Taste of Home"? They often have crock pot ideas in their mag- and they've come out with at least one cock pot cookbook that has beautiful photography, too!

Thank you all for your suggestions... I have seen Taste of Home I will try looking at that...

I don't have a big family CanMan it's for work ... For my family that would be WAY too big too... :)

I cook large batches of food for us - and it's nice to make stews or pot roasts that can be frozen for those days I'm in a hurry. I also make homemade TV dinners for the same reason. it really comes in handy at times.

A 7-quart? You must have a big family to feed. For me that would make enough food I would only need to cook once a month.

Visit A Year of CrockPotting and start with day 1 and work your way through the year and beyond.

And other places:
The Crockpot Alchemist!
Crockpot Recipes - Back of the Box Recipes

I went to the "A Year of Crockpotting" site. My only problem is they never tell you what size pot you need.

Oops. My bad. Right after directions its says which size pot.

Last edited:
Back