What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicken Noodle Soup Crockpot Style

MsMai

Chicken Noodle Soup Crockpot Style

2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
4 cups water
4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste, depending on saltiness of broth
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 leek or small onion chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or basil
1 bay leaf
6 ounces noodles

Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles. Cook another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on high). Or, if you prefer a completely clear soup, cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving

Good recipe but I keep looking at the 4 cups water plus 4 cups broth then back at my 3 1/2 Qt Crockpot and a little voice keeps saying "Do the math Redneck". I quess I could use 1/2 chicken and half the rest.

JP, whatever works for you is exactly what you want

to do! I would suggest though that you also reduce the amount of noodles because if you reduce liquid (the noodles will drink up a lot of it) and you might not have enough otherwise. Just a thought :) I hope you enjoy. We like a hot, buttered sage roll with this soup. YUM

Back