What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fried chicken?

Shelley

So apparently, according to my husband, I suck at making fried chicken. It's never crispy enough.

How do I make a good fried chicken?

I fry the chicken up at a higher temp til I get a good crispy outside then I take my heat down to medium to finish cooking. Here is a pic of my buttermilk fried chicken. I fry in a nonstick or cast iron skillet. I soak the chicken overnight in buttermilk, hot sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. I drain off the buttermilk and lightly season again.
Then roll my chicken in flour and fry.

o0455c.jpg

that chicken looks awesome!!!

I have a question, what is it about buttermilk that works so well with chicken?
Almost all the best chicken I have ever tried, and the recipes that look the best seem to all work with buttermilk.

I have another question, do you take the skin off ?

for fried chicken - southern style - skin stays on - you can buttermilk and bread or batter skinless parts as well

it's the acidic qualities in the buttermilk that tenderize chicken - the same way a marinade would

I can made best crispy chicken...

Here is the Crispy Chicken Recipe...

Sometimes I fry in an electric skillet and sometimes I deep fry. I always soak in buttermilk, hotsauce and salt and pepper. Makes the chicken tender, adds a bit of flavor and helps make the chicken nice and crispy.

wow that chicken looks so delicious. so you soaked i overnight in buttermilk, garlic, salt and pepper. I will try this, but I dont have an iron skillet nor an electric one. can I use any pan and just deep fry them?

Back