What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give me your best apple pie recipe

Shelley

I will be going grocery shopping tomorrow to make my holiday desserts. Give me your best apple pie recipe, please!!!! I'd rather make apple crisp but apple pie is being requested by a few people.

My apple pie always ends up too watery but I think it's because I use 50% red apples. So I think I'll try 100% green/granny smith this time.

Any tips and suggestions would be welcomed, too.

You need to sprinkle plain dry breadcrumbs in the bottom of your crust to prevent that from happening. It's my secret tip and I use red apples for pies - no problem and they turn out perfect. You can read more about my apple pies -
My Own Dutch Apple Pie recipe - OldFashionedHomeCooking: My Own Dutch Apple Pie
My Original Apple Pie Mix I recipe - OldFashionedHomeCooking: Replenishing the Pantry once again!
My Original Apple Pie Mix II recipe - OldFashionedHomeCooking: Replenishing the Pantry once again!

Not all apples are equal- some eating apples actually make terrible pie-apples... My fav apples for pie are Golden Delicious (but never Red Delicious!) Granny Smith, Pink Ladies, and Stayman-Winesaps.

Back