What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hell's Kitchen

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Has anyone been following Hell's Kitchen since it started??

I really am looking forward to seeing who is going to win this and if the winner really is going to make it as the one in charge of such an exquisite restaurant!

Makes you wonder where they got these "chefs" that they have on the program now!?!

:rolleyes:

I only watched last week (when they had 2 shows back to back). Thanks for the reminder, I want to watch tonight as well.

Honestly, I don't think any of them have the capability to run a restaurant.
Although, of course, it's TV and any disastrous moments are the ones we see. Not exactly "reality"!

I can't believe how snarky they all are to/about each other. Meow!

I wish they had more real cooking, and less restaurant running/waiting tables stuff. Top Chef has more of that stuff, but we don't have cable. :(

It's on a local station here - not on cable.

And the CLAWS are out!!! They are down to 4 "chefs"! And I can't wait for them to get rid of SARA!!! She is a hound from ----!!!

I have run restaurants - and Sara would not have made it through one shift with me - not with that attitude and her lying - not to mention how she likes to jeopardize things!!!

I don't feel any of them really deserve a top-notch restaurant - they really don't have what it takes.

Heather is a toughy! With a bit more training I bet she could do it!

I can never decide how much of it is really happening and how much is scripted/pre-planned/exaggerated for the cameras.

Nevertheless, quite entertaining! We just can't look away from the trainwrecks, can we?

I agree, Sara is hopeless. Not to mention offensive.

Of course, reality TV being what it is, I'm sure that means she'll be one of the last two standing!

Hmm, I havent watched this but I think I will definitely check this out.Sounds like an interesting show.

There are only four people left so this is the time to start watching, when it gets really intense (and really snarky!).

I think I like Heather the best. She's the nicest of them, overall, and seems to have a clue.

However I do have to say that I don't know if I'd entrust any of them with MY restaurant. If I had a restaurant.

I'm getting ready to tune in! Let's see who he kicks off tonight!

I am stunned. Truly stunned. What a double crosser she is!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!

SARA IS GONE!!!!!

That is one woman with a definite problem! I give Virginia a lot of credit for actually speaking out about her inabilities. Virginia is not totally incapable - she just needs to work on it. There is a lot of pressure in a restaurant - especially one of that caliber and they get a lot of tough treatment!

I am so glad that Chef Ramsey gave Virginia another chance - but I know he only did it to get rid of Sara!

Most likely Virginia will be the next one to leave - only because she really isn't qualified to run a restaurant like that. She would do much better in a smaller restaurant/diner situation.

Just my opinion..........................

I personally tend to think that they've kept Virginia around this long just for the drama. I mean, how many times can one person be nominated to be kicked off!

I agree she's not totally incompetent, but she's impossible to work with. If people keep nominating you to leave every week, there's a reason.

I just now started watching this show. Figures, I always seem to get into TV shows when they are at the very end of their run.

Boy, Sara sure is a snarky one! I am not sorry to see her go.

I noticed they said of next week's show "the most shocking end yet." I think they say that every week! Dramatic, much?

Well - they have to keep us interested so that we will watch it till the end!

I do believe that Chef Ramsey used Virginia to get rid of Sara so Virginia just may be the next to leave. Heather is young but ambitious. Keith - God forgive me for this - I really don't mean any harm - but I cannot help it - he reminds me of the same gentleman that played in "Goonies" - "BABY RUTH?" I'm sorry......

It seems Virginia has been nominated almost every time, from what I hear. Surely she will leave next week!

Supper club

Anyone belong to a supper club?

We did a supper club for about two years. It only just recently started to unravel, so we are planning on relaunching a sort of modified version.

We had six couples and met on the second Saturday of each month. We alternated whose home we met in, and the host provided dinner. Last time we hosted, I believe I served:

Fried dill pickles
Salad
Jambalaya
Bread
Bread pudding

I hope Keith wins. I think he has some talent and has the right attitude also. He seems like the kind of person that you can just hang out with and have a good time. Plus, he's a little bit large (like myself), so you know he likes to eat. It's hard to find good chefs in people who dont enjoy eating. I eat because I like the way food tastes, not just because I am hungry. This makes you fat (usually), but also helps in the kitchen, because you know what tastes good and what doesnt. ;)

Good point, I am always suspicious of skinny chefs. Like on Friends, I never really trusted that Monica was a chef. She's just too thin to be someone who enjoys food enough to cook it all day.

I'm also suspicious of that Semi Homemade chick on the Food Network.

Back